Town of Ajax based in Lake, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of 2023 – Summer Camps – Skateboard Camp Counsellor. The Town of Ajax is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and accessibility within the workplace where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. As a best practice employer, the Town embraces diversity and gender expression through policy, staff training and providing positive spaces. The Town encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If selected for an interview, please inform Human Resources staff of any accommodation you may require during the process. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: Town of Ajax
Position: 2023 – Summer Camps – Skateboard Camp Counsellor
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $16.16 to $16.70 per hour for 8 hours per day
Employment Type: Part time
Location: Lake, ON
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates having standard educational qualification such as currently enrolled in or completed relevant post-secondary education (university/college) in Outdoor Recreation an asset
Experience: Candidates need experience the experience details are mentioned below
- The candidate should have an extensive background in sport being taught i.e. Skateboarding also have experience working with children
- The candidate must be a minimum of 16 years of age or older by May 31, 2023 also have knowledge and experience related to the delivery of recreation/camp programs would be an asset
- The candidate should have minimum one year experience working with children (i.e. babysitting) also have standard First Aid with CPR C (If hired, must be obtained by June 26, 2023)
- The candidate should have HIGH FIVE – Principles of Healthy Child Development (If hired, must be obtained by June 26, 2023)
- The candidate should have the ability to provide a current (within six months) Criminal Reference/Vulnerable Sector Check upon being hired
- The candidate should be responsible to plan and implement a safe and enjoyable program, teaching the fundamentals of the specified program for children ages 7 – 14 years
- The candidate should be responsible for the general supervision of participants at the park as well as ensuring the rules of the parks are being followed
- The candidate should be able to develop and implement a safe, enjoyable sport program under the supervision of the Community Recreation Supervisor also ensure the safety and well-being of your assigned class
- The candidate should be able to work cooperatively and maintain ongoing and effective communication with participants, and the Community Recreation Supervisor also adhere to all Town policies and procedures while acting in a professional manner at all times.
- The candidate should be able to ensure that the necessary equipment and supplies are available, and that such equipment and supplies are maintained in a safe condition also ensure effective public relations, and problem solve as necessary
- The candidate should be able to take appropriate action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies, as outlined in the departmental policies and procedures also perform administrative tasks necessary to support the registered camp
- The candidate should be able to ensure proper equipment is worn (both participants and instructor) while participating also plan and prepare for classes including a variety of activities to develop skills in outlined areas, which ensure a high level of safety and quality
- The candidate should be able to ensure the safe arrival and departure of children from each class also ensure park users are aware of and abiding by posted park rules
- The candidate should be able to promote an environment of safety and respect among users of the facilities also ensure that all required organizational and administrative duties are completed in a timely manner
- The candidate should be able to inspect equipment at the parks and report any damage to supervisor immediately also ensure that the attendance sheets are completed accurately every week and submitted to the appropriate supervisor at the end of each session
- The candidate should be punctual for work, and wear appropriate staff uniform also attend all meetings and training dates given to you
- The candidate should be able to carry out any other duties as requested by the Community Recreation Supervisor
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!