Administrative assistant – office
Commons Inn based in Halifax, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Administrative assistant – office. Commons Inn is a ideal place when visiting Halifax, centrally located at Halifax’s West Street and very close to these places. We offers guests an array of room amenities including a flat screen TV, air conditioning, a refrigerator and free WIFI. We have a 24-hour reception area offering tour and ticket assistance. We are known for our wonderful atmosphere and close proximity to Halifax’s most desired downtown destinations. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Commons Inn
Position: Administrative assistant – office
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 hourly for 40 to 48 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: 5780 WEST ST, Halifax, NS, B3K 1H8
Shifts: Day, Weekend and Shift
Security and safety: Criminal record should checked
Transportation/travel information: Public transportation is available and valid driver’s licence required
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates need experience of 2 years to less than 3 years
Computer and technology knowledge: Candidates must have knowledge of Google Docs, Electronic scheduler, MS Excel, MS Office, MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Windows
Technical terminology: Business
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure, in fast-paced environment, maintain tight deadlines, perform repetitive tasks and also pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way and also able to multitask
- The candidate should be reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have accuracy and also an excellent oral and written communication
- The candidate should have specialization on correspondence, reports and records and also invoices
- The candidate should be able to review, evaluate and implement new administrative procedures and also establish work priorities and ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met
- The candidate should be able to answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages, answer electronic enquiries and also compile data, statistics and other information
- The candidate should be able to arrange and co-ordinate seminars, conferences, etc., record and prepare minutes of meetings, seminars and conferences and also determine and establish office procedures and routines
- The candidate should be able to order office supplies and maintain inventory, open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information, set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems, type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents, carry out administrative activities of establishment and also oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures
- The candidate should be able to co-ordinate and plan for office services such as accommodation, relocation, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services and also assist in the preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
- The employees get free parking availability
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, and Cover letter) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!