Beef cattle herdsperson
Coyote Flats Charolais Ltd. based in Coaldale, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Beef cattle herdsperson. Coyote Flats Charolais Ltd. is a is a family run operation that runs 300 purebred Charolais cows in two calving groups, consisting of January- early March and Mid April – June. The first group provides us with bulls that sell as yearlings in our annual bull sale. The second group provides us with bulls that we sell as two-year old bulls in the same annual sale. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Coyote Flats Charolais Ltd.
Position: Beef cattle herdsperson
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 hourly for 40 hours per 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Coaldale, AB
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Early Morning, Morning
Transportation information: The candidates should be
Work setting: Rural area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: The Candidates should have 1 to less than 2 years’ experience
Equipment and machinery experience: The candidates should be able to do feeding and watering system, tractor.
Area of specialization: Beef cattle
Transportation/travel information: The candidates should have valid driver’s licence
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker.
- The candidates should be able to work in tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication and efficient interpersonal skills.
- The candidates should be able to do calving, handling animals, monitoring animal health.
- The candidates should be able to formulate feeding program, maintain livestock performance records, maintain quality control and production records, maintain work records and logs
- The candidates should be able to recognize and treat certain livestock health problems,
- The candidates should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment, and perform general farm duties.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!