Canada Border Services Agency – Strategic Policy Branch – Analytics Solutions Division based in Ottawa (Ontario) is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Business Advisor/Team Lead.
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is known as a complex and highly operational 24/7 organization which provides clearance, control and examination services for travellers, importers and exporters, at close to 1,200 service points, including land border offices, international mail processing centres, airports, sufferance warehouses, and a number of other service locations. We are working at modernizing the management and organizational structures to better guide and support how its frontline staff deliver services. Our changes include a wide-ranging set of initiatives. In all, we work to provide the different required clearance services, with guidance, for different people for people all over Canada. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined. The candidates must be used to staff similar positions with various tenures, various linguistic profiles as well as various security clearances within the Canada Border Services Agency.
Employer Name: Canada Border Services Agency – Strategic Policy Branch – Analytics Solutions Division
Position: Business Advisor/Team Lead
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $88,683 to $110,182 per year
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Ottawa (Ontario)
Job ID: 22060111
Shifts: To be determined
Reference number: BSF22J-015138-006773
Selection process number: 2022-EA-SPB-IT_03-742
Closing date: 10th June, 2022
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English and Bilingual Imperative BBB/BBB Languages.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a graduation from a two-year program of study from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in computer science, information technology, information management or another specialty relevant to the position to be staffed.
The candidates having a universal degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Statistics or another relevant field is an asset.
Note 1: Candidates who do not possess the education prescribed above, are deemed to meet the minimum education standard based on their education, training and/or experience. The candidate must be accepted as having met the minimum education standard whenever this standard is called for when staffing positions in the IT group.
Note 2: Candidates who do not possess the education prescribed above, are deemed to meet the minimum education standard based on their education, training and/or experience. The candidate must be accepted as having met the minimum education standard whenever this standard is called for when staffing positions in the IT group.
Note 3: Candidate at the manager’s discretion, an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience may serve as an alternative to the minimum education stated above. Whenever the minimum education of the candidate is met using this alternative, it is met for the specific position only and must be re-assessed for other positions for which this alternative has been specified by the manager.
Experience: Candidates need experience in various things, details of the same are mentioned below
- The candidate should be willing and have the ability to work overtime on short notice.
- The candidate should be willing and have the ability to travel on occasion.
- The employees get to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidates must have experience of working in an Information Management and Information Technology (IM/IT) environment analyzing IM/IT requirements, delivering IM/IT solutions or providing IM/IT support.
- The candidates must have experience of working closely with clients or stakeholders to determine, validate or document business or project management needs for IM/IT solutions.
- The candidates must have experience of providing strategic advice and recommendations to senior management regarding IM/IT issues or services.
- The candidates must have significant and recent experience in project management or conducting business analysis in an IM/IT environment.
- The candidate should have the ability to communicate effectively orally.
- The candidate should have the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- The candidate should have the ability to solve complex IT issues and provide recommendations
- The candidate should have the ability to prioritize, plan, and organize work effectively.
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to work with an initiative
- The candidate should have adaptability skills
- The candidate should have problem solving skills
- The candidate should have judgement skills
- The candidate having occupational certification, cloud certification is an asset
- The candidate having experience supervising personnel in an IM/IT environment, which includes setting performance objectives, and managing and evaluating work performance is an asset
- The candidate having experience as a Business Analyst in defining opportunities and making recommendations for process and system improvement, including: analyzing, modelling and validating business process flows and data, assessing proposed solutions against anticipated business outcomes and requirements, developing business rules and business process re-engineering is an asset
- The candidate having experience leading application development or deployment projects is an asset.
- The candidate having experience applying Agile Frameworks in the delivery of IM/IT solutions is an asset.
- The candidate having experience defining costs, timelines, and business value for an IM/IT service proposal or business case to address a business requirement is an asset.
- The candidate having experience developing an IM/IT strategic plan is an asset
- The candidate has experience in AWS cloud or Azure cloud is an asset
- The candidate having experience with operations or support of a Business Intelligence and Analytics related infrastructure is an asset.
- The candidate having experience in data analytics user support, testing or training is an asset
- The candidate having experience in writing and refining user stories throughout Agile projects is an asset
- The candidate having experience in Cognos or Power BI is an asset.
- The candidate having experience as a Scrum master in IM/IT projects is an asset
- The candidate should be able to clear reliability status or secret security clearance
- The candidates should be fully vaccinated against COVID 19.
- The candidates should be ready for the assessment with no limitations to standardized tests, written exams, interviews, simulation exercises, reference checks, recent and past performance evaluations, self-assessments, candidate achievement record, etc.
- The candidate should be available with overall conduct and communications, including email correspondence, throughout the entire process may be used in the assessment of qualifications and competencies.
- The candidate should be able to provide proof of your education credentials.
- The candidate should be able to meet a top screening approach
- The candidate who meet the essential experience criteria may be ranked according to the depth and breadth of experience they possess.
- The candidate should have a good cut-off score that must be used for the assessment
- The recent and past performance evaluations and talent management information of the candidate may be used as part of the assessment process
- The candidate should be able to communicate and be available on email
Note 1: Significant and recent experience of the candidate refers to a depth or breadth of experience in the IM/IT field (obtained through education or by working in the industry) that would normally be acquired over a period of four (4) years or more in the last 7 years.
Note 2: Experience of senior management can be defined as supervisor or manager, at the IT-04 level or higher and the industry equivalent (such as VP).
To be determined
- The employees get to work in an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process.
- The employees get to be a part of the skilled and diverse workforce
- The employees get to work remotely, in a safe environment due to COVID.
- The employees get a great work environment
- The employees get employment equity
- The employees get various paid leave benefits
- The employees get Personal Record Identifiers (PRI) included in their application.
Working for years, The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is located in seven Regions and the National Capital Region (NCR) with 75% of its employees located outside the NCR. The company is known to move forward to foster continued thinking around the way it works, increase innovation, broadly employ more efficient and effective working methods in terms of its business delivery model and optimize decision-making.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by using an online method (along with your resume, supporting details and being prepared for the screening questions) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!