St. Mary’s University based in Calgary, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Camp Nurse/First Aid Attendant – Hope Mission Summer Camps. St. Mary’s University is known as a formerly Catholic, public university located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Our school is best known for having nationally leading programs in business and chemistry, as well as one of the best Canadian women’s basketball programs. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: St. Mary’s University
Position: Camp Nurse/First Aid Attendant – Hope Mission Summer Camps
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $15.00 per hour + Room and Board for 4 Month Paid Position – May to August
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Hope Mission Summer Camps, Box 277 Evansburg, Alberta T0E-0T0
Shifts: To be determined
Based At: Brightwood Ranch/Camp Hope
Reports To: Program Manager
Start Date: May 1, 2023
Status: Contract Position: ending August 25th, 2023
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates having standard educational qualification such as completion of second year of nursing training or equivalent is preferred
Experience: Candidates need experience the details of the same are mentioned below
- The candidate should be able to lead through serving should have the ability to provide direction and insight for health related issues
- The candidate should have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a variety or people
- The candidate should be able to provide active participation in staff meetings and functions. Serve, strengthen, and uplift other team members also be able to serve with faithfulness and excellence. Be consistent in work and willing to grow in character and skill. Be willing and ready to serve, strengthen, and uplift people in the name of Jesus Christ.
- The candidate should have a current First Aid and CPR certification
- The candidate should have experience in administering medication and tracking/recording also have experience with record keeping or administrative work
- The candidate should have the ability to remain calm under pressure, maintain confidentiality, and communicate effectively with kids and parents also our team members must express an unconditional love for underprivileged kids, demonstrating acceptance
- The candidate should have a class 5 license also must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis
- The candidate should be able to provide Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search also have a letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
- The candidate should be able to fulfill adherence Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures.
- The candidate should be able to serve strengthen and uplift men, women, youth and children through the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ
- The candidate should be able to evaluate and treat campers and team members for minor injuries and illnesses, oversee the administration of medications, and keep accurate records of all related interactions.
- The candidate should be able to evaluate and treat campers and staff for minor injuries and Illness also oversee the administration of medications to campers and team members
- The candidate should be able to maintain accurate records of camper medications and all treatment given and medications administered also communicate any camper health issues and/or concerns with parents and camp leadership
- The candidate should be able to assist in transporting campers/staff to nearby medical facilities if needed also monitor cleanliness, hygiene, and health of campers and team members
- The candidate should be able to attend team trainings, meetings, Bible studies, prayer meetings, and team functions also attend certain cabin activities whenever possible to support cabin leaders and build
relationships with campers
- The candidate should be able to participation in janitorial and basic maintenance duties as trained and assigned
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
NOTE: Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!