The Refugee Centre based in Montreal Metro area Montreal is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Case Worker. The Refugee Centre is a non-profitable organisation run by students. Our company can be termed as a group of students and professionals who have worked together to build an organization imploring youth to work with the community to help strengthen the refugee and immigrant population through unity and integration. We are known to embark on a journey to re-establish the way nonprofits work, and to strengthen the communities they are involved with. Our company is known to believe that modern day obstacles and problems need modern day solutions, thus the creation of The Refugee Centre and its sister NPO DevBloc. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: The Refugee Centre
Position: Case Worker
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $18.00 per hour for 20 hours per week
Employment Type: Part time
Location: Montreal Metro area Montreal
Shifts: To be determined
Job Type: Work From Home – Montreal Metro area Montreal
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English and French Languages.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidate must be a student, returning in the Fall or new graduate.
- The candidate must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Accepted Refugee
- The candidate should be open to new arrivals looking for first experience in the workplace.
- The candidate should have the knowledge of French and English languages, both spoken and written, and a third language is a strong asset (Arabic, Spanish, Farsi, Ukrainian, Hindi, etc).
- The candidate should be organized, de-escalation skills, empathetic, compassionate, takes initiative, independent worker, time management
- The candidate should be responsible for learning and practicing in three phases.
- The candidate should be responsible for the goal to ensure that patients receive a continued form of support as they navigate their resettlement process and services at the center.
- The candidate should be able to work with a goal to ensure that patients receive a continued form of support as they navigate their resettlement process and services at our center.
- The candidate should be able to provide one-on-one support to clients regarding their health and wellness including assistance in navigating pre-existing systems.
- The candidate should be able to understand and learn about migration and healthcare system
- The candidate should be able to hold wellness and health supporting appointments for clients
- The candidate should be able to handle, assess and support client caseloads
In the first phase, the candidate will begin by thorough training, to understand the complexities of the migration process as well as learn how to navigate the healthcare system for both physical and mental health.
In the second phase, the candidate will have to hold wellness & health supporting appointments for clients if needed or wanted.
In the third and final phase, the candidate will be responsible for handling client caseloads, assessing client needs, referring clients to specific services options.
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get various financial and compensatory benefits
- The employees get various paid leave benefits
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Discount
- The employees get equal opportunities
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply online (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!