Chef | LMIA Approved
C’est Bon Cooking based in Ottawa, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Chef. C’est Bon Cooking has been operating as both a cooking school and food tour company since 2009. Our mission is to help people learn the secrets of the culinary arts and discover the richness of the National Capital Region’s terroir through its food, food producers, artisans and partners, all in a pleasant and memorable ambiance that only C’est Bon can offer. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. This position of Chef is approved by LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment)
Employer Name: C’est Bon Cooking
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $25.00 hourly 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Ottawa, ON
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Morning
Transportation information: Own transportation, Public transportation is available
Work setting: Urban area
Ranks of chefs: Chef
Supervision: 1 to 2 people
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as trades certificate or diploma, or equivalent experience, or culinary arts/chef training
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 1 to less than 2 years’
Area of work experience: Teaching
Own tools/equipment: Uniform, Cellular phone
Cuisine specialties: French, Canadian, Vegetarian, International, Gluten-free
Food specialties: Bakery goods and desserts, Cereals, grains and pulses, Cold kitchen, Eggs and dairy, Fish and seafood, Meat, poultry and game, Stocks, soups and sauces, Vegetables, fruits, nuts and mushrooms
Credentials: Cook Trade Certification, Safe Food Handling certificate, Food Safety Certificate
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidates should be able to work non-smoking area
- The candidates should be dependable, flexible, initiative, organized, reliable, should have efficient interpersonal skills, excellent oral communication, and be able to work as a team player
- The candidates should be able to maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory, demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- The candidates should be able to create new recipes, prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets, prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- The candidates should be able to prepare and cook meals or specialty foods, requisition food and kitchen supplies
- The candidates should be able to estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- The candidates should be able to plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards, prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- The candidates will get gratuities, free parking and paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, References attesting experience, Proof of the requested certifications, Highest level of education, and name of institution where it was completed) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!