Acorn Canada based in London, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Community Organizer-Canada Summer Jobs. Acorn Canada is known as a national grassroots non-profit organization that brings together low-and-moderate income families for social and economic justice. Our company is known as a member run organization structured like a community union. We work with a goal to achieve social and economic justice by developing a national active membership that is invested in their organization and focused on building power for change. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Acorn Canada
Position: Community Organizer-Canada Summer Jobs
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $15.75 per hour for 30-35 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: London, ON
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset (professional training will be provided).
- The candidate should be able to start with direct outreach (door to door, street petitioning) in low-to-moderate income communities listening to what the community issues and concerns are, and turn that into effective mass-based action for change.
- The candidate has to build and develop formal ACORN Chapters so low-to-moderate income people can disrupt, and change, the systems that negatively impact their community.
- The candidate should be able to conduct outreach by way of door knocking, street petitioning, phone banking and more.
- The candidate should be able to work one on one with London ACORN leaders and members.
- The candidate should be able to develop and expand London ACORN’s membership and donor base.
- The candidate should be able to work with our staff on a day to day basis to learn the basics of ACORN’s organizing methods and techniques.
- The candidate should be able to perform fundraising and asking for money is part of an organizer’s job. (ACORN is a union: ACORN members pay membership dues. While this is not the entire job, it’s fundamental that organizers sign up members and can ask for money.)
- The candidate should be able to deal with multiple tasks in the same day – flexibility and resilience are keys to success.
- The candidate should be able to represent the organization in the neighbourhoods, as well as with our leadership at external meetings or events (allies or targets).
- The employees get flexible and competitive benefits package
- The employees get various paid leave benefits
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get other benefits such as free refreshments at work, health benefits and more
Working for years, Acorn Canada has kept on growing. The company is working with over 140,000 members organized into 20+ neighbourhood chapters across the country. Started from London, ON, with time, the company has grown to all over cities of Canada.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume and cover letter) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!