Canadian Pacific based in Calgary, Alberta is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Corporate Accounting and Reporting Specialist (Hybrid). Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. We work with directly linking to major ports on the west and east coasts. We are well-known to provide North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. We are growing with our customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. For the candidates, the possibility does exist that the location of the position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The candidate will become a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. The candidate may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
Employer Name: Canadian Pacific
Position: Corporate Accounting and Reporting Specialist (Hybrid)
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: Average pay approximately $65000.00 to $110000.00 yearly
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Type: Non-Union
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Shifts: To be determined
Req ID: 94627
Department: Finance & Accounting
# of Positions: 1
Job Grade: 4
Job Available to: External
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidate should be completely vaccinated in accordance to COVID-19 guidelines. The candidates also need to confirm with their vaccination certificates
- The candidate should be able to fulfill all health related requirements
- The candidates will have to complete criminal record check and reference check
- The candidates should have accounting (CPA) designation
- The candidate should have the knowledge of US GAAP requirements, desirable
- The candidate should have ERP/SAP expertise (desirable)
- The candidate should have Application Expertise (desirable)
- The candidate should have the knowledge of BPC, Excel, Workiva and Blackline
- The candidate should be able to process management Skills
- The candidate should be able to possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- The candidate should have the ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- The candidate should have the ability to set and meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills
- The candidate should have to sustain and improve critical and complex sets of accounting and reporting functions.
- The candidate should be able to plan detailed accounting and reporting activities on a recurring basis in order to support rapid and accurate execution
- The candidate should be able to coordinate activities with the multiple internal stakeholders that provide information into the accounting and reporting process or require its output
- The candidate should be able to perform journal entries and reconciliations
- The candidate should be able to prepare external financial disclosures
- The candidate should be able to prepare financial analysis on monthly and quarterly data
- The candidate should be able to assess and research implications of significant financial transactions
- The candidate should be able to identify, analyze and reconcile inconsistent information and recommend adjustments where necessary
- The candidate should be able to ensure compliance with the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Tax or securities regulation, as applicable
- The candidate should be able to ensure accounting and reporting processes comply with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements
- The candidate should be able to liaise with Financial Planning to facilitate forecast preparation and monitoring
- The candidate should be able to address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers
- The candidate should be able to identify and analyze possible improvements to processes and implement selected solutions.
- The employees get flexible and competitive benefits package
- The employees get the benefits of competitive company pension plan
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Share Purchase Plan
- The employees get the benefit of annual fitness subsidy
- The employees get equal work opportunities
- The employees get to work with equity and inclusion
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!