Canadian Tire based in Rivière-du-Loup, QC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Director, human resources. Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most admired and trusted companies since 1922. With world-class owned brands and exciting market-leading merchandising strategies, we are continually innovating with purpose: to excite and serve Canadian customers from coast-to-coast. Our 1,700 retail locations, financial services, and exemplary e-commerce capabilities help keep Canadians on the move and on top of every season. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Canadian Tire
Position: Director, human resources
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $26.00 to $32.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: 237 Boul Hôtel de Ville, Rivière-du-Loup, QC, G5R 4E5
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend and Morning
Work setting: Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre
Security and safety: Criminal record should checked
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation is required
Budgetary responsibility: $500,001 – $1,500,000
Program title: Jobs for Ukraine
Program description: This employer has selected to promote this job through “Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of more than one language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates need experience of 3 year to less than 5 years
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Candidates must have First Aid Certificate
Computer and technology knowledge: Candidates must have knowledge of MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Windows and MS Word
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure, in fast-paced environment, pay attention to detail and also maintain tight deadlines
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment and also in an organized way
- The candidate should be someone who can judge and also a team player
- The candidate should have an excellent oral and also written communication
- The candidate should be able to supervise more than 20 people and also staff in various areas of responsibility
- The candidate should be able to plan and control budget and expenditures, establish and implement policies and procedures, assign, co-ordinate and review projects and programs, advise senior management, oversee payroll administration and also plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- The candidate should be able to train, direct and motivate staff, plan, develop and implement recruitment strategies, respond to employee questions and complaints and also organize and administer staff consultation and grievance procedures
- The candidate should be able to oversee the classification and rating of occupations, oversee the analysis of employee data and information, oversee development of communication strategies, oversee the preparation of reports and also oversee payroll administration
- The candidate should be able to manage contracts and also manage training and development strategies
- The employees get dental plan and disability benefits
- The employees get Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) and group insurance benefits
- The employees get free parking availability, learning/training paid by employer and team building opportunities
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, References attesting experience, Letter of recommendation, Proof of the requested certifications, Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples, and Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed) through below mentioned details.
438-336-8127 Between 08:00 AM and 04:00 PM
237 Boul Hôtel de Ville
Rivière du Loup, QC
237 Boul Hôtel de Ville
Rivière du Loup, QC
G5R 4E5 Between 08:00 AM and 04:00 PM
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!