Maple Leaf Foods based in Hanover/Ontario is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of DZ Truck Driver. Maple Leaf Foods is known as Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. Our company is known to make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products. We are working under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Maple Leaf Foods is located in Hanover, ON and presently employees approximately 140 employees between our farms and hatchery. As of now, we have the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Maple Leaf Foods
Position: DZ Truck Driver
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $25.61 per hour
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Hanover, Ontario
Job ID: 22052711
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need the completion of High School Diploma to be successful in the position
Experience: Candidates need experience in both automatic and standard transmission and experience in other fields (mentioned below).
- The candidate should be able to work in extreme weather hot or cold
- The candidate must be in good physical condition – able to lift up to 50 lb. overhead repetitively
- The candidate should be able to follow all procedures (e.g. biosecurity, HACCP, CHEQ)
- The candidate should be able to work with positive customer interactions
- The candidate must have a valid minimum DZ license or equivalent with clean driver’s abstract
- The candidate must have 3-5 years driving experience with a D license or equivalent
- The candidate should have demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- The candidate must understand and follow all Animal Welfare/HACCP/Biosecurity procedures (Training will be provided)
- The candidate should have the proven ability in current position (attendance included)
- The candidate should be willing and able to work flexible hours, including some Wednesdays and weekends as required (e.g. early starts and/or late end times
- The candidate should have proven communication and interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to complete work without supervision
- The candidates having delivery experience is an asset
- The candidate being familiar with delivery routes is an asset
- The candidate should be able to ensure a timely and safe delivery of product to customer locations while providing professional service in a team-oriented environment.
- The candidate should be able to coordinate the unload with hands-on support in collaboration with a delivery helper.
- The candidate should be able to provide safe transportation of product to customer locations
- The candidate should be able to complete circle check, log books, and other regulatory requirements including truck maintenance
- The candidate should be able to take care of manual loading and unloading of product according to plant and customer specifications
- The candidate should be able to collaborate with various teams throughout the day
- The candidate should be able to provide direction and guidance to Delivery Helper to meet customer requirements
- The candidate should be able to support training needs for new hires as an overall team
- The candidate should be able to perform other duties as assigned
- The employees get the benefits of competitive wages
- The employees get the benefits of annual wage review completed to ensure wages remain competitive across MLF and external companies
- The employees get pay progressive after every 6 months
- The employees get health benefits such as (Healthcare/medical and Dental through SunLife) after 3 months of working
- The employees get the benefits of pension with Manulife after 2 years of working
- The employees the benefits of career advancement within company (we’ve had many employees move up to higher paying hourly positions (i.e. Lead Hands, Assistant Supervisors) and salary positions as well (i.e. Production Supervisors)
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP) through Morneau Shepell, paid by company
- The employees get the benefits of Inkblot online (CBT) cognitive behavioural therapy
- The employees to attend employee’s events throughout the year
- The employees get the benefits of employees sales for product throughout the year
- The employees get safety in accordance to COVID-19 protocols including face masks, face shields and physical barriers within Production
- The employees get training provided where needed
- The employees get to work in a reputable company
- The employees get competitive wages
- The employees get opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
- The employees get a great team environment
- The employees get a strong focus on internal advancement
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Assistance Program
- The employees get equal employment opportunities with a diverse workforce
Working for years, Maple Leaf Foods have people who are passionate about the work they do and the products they make. The company is known to be determined to leverage its integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending a fax or an email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!