Early childhood educator (E.C.E.)
Cornerstone Pre-school Inc. based in Whitehorse, YT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Early childhood educator (E.C.E.). Cornerstone Pre-school Inc. opened with only 4 students, one of being her son Dylan since 2005. Over the course of thirteen years, we have provided an exceptional preschool experience for countless families and students. Our School inspires a love for learning through a variety of modalities and encompasses many Early Childhood Philosophies. Our goal is to set our students into motion with a will to learn and a love for learning that will carry them into their grade school years and beyond. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Cornerstone Pre-school Inc.
Position: Early childhood educator (E.C.E.)
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $21.00 to $31.50 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Shifts: Day, Overtime, 07:30 to 17:30
Work setting: Child care centre
Work site environment: Candidates should work in noisy, non-smoking and air conditioned area
Security and safety: Criminal record should checked
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates need experience of 1 year to less than 2 years
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Candidates must have Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate, First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate
- The candidate should be punctual, reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills, excellent oral communication and also values and ethics
- The candidate should be able to bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers, develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children, storytelling, lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest, Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records, engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity and also supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants
- The candidate should be able to support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children, guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits, maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties, prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods and also observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- The candidate should be able to submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors, discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings, knowledge of licensing regulations, plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children and also plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
- The candidate should be able to establish guidelines for behaviour, assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members, attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children and also establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- The employees get dental plan and health care plan
- The employees get group insurance benefits
- The employees get free parking availability, learning/training paid by employer and parking availability
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, Proof of the requested certifications, and Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed) through below mentioned details.
2158 2nd Avenue
Y1A 5N9 Between 07:30 AM and 05:30 PM
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!