Canadian Coast Guard based in Ontario and Québec is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Engineering Officer, Marine Engineer, Mechanic, Senior Engineer and Chief Engineer at various locations. Canadian Coast Guard can be defined as a Special Operating Agency within Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO). We work to embrace proactive culture for 24/7 service to Canadians and for Canadians. We are known to be responsible for duties such as response to on-water and maritime incidents using a variety of vessels, hovercraft, helicopters, and small craft; and providing vital information and assistance to vessels, including navigation support, distress and safety communications and coordination of maritime trade. We have also got an announcement by the government of Canada, an Oceans Protection Plan, a whole of government approach to improve marine safety, to work with Indigenous groups, provinces, territories, and other stakeholders to better co-manage Canada’s oceans. We are known to be dedicated to deliver on this significant initiative and other departmental commitments. We always look for enthusiastic, motivated individuals to join our team in making an impact on the lives of Canadians. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or casual employment. The candidates have to work in Overtime and Shift shifts. The intent of the process is to create an inventory of candidates that will be used to staff RELIEF positions on a term (temporary) basis for the Canadian Coast Guard in the Central and Arctic Region – Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Sector.
Employer Name: Canadian Coast Guard
Position: Engineering Officer, Marine Engineer, Mechanic, Senior Engineer, Chief Engineer
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $68,681 to $98,571 Dr annually
Employment Type: Full time-term opportunities
Location: Various locations in Ontario and Québec
Last date to apply: 31st December, 2022
Shifts: Overtime and Shifts
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language (in Ontario) and Bilingual Language (in Québec)
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications, the details to the same are mentioned below
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
To be determined
- The candidate should have a strong interest for sciences and technological equipment
- The candidate should have an interest in working at sea
- The candidate should have good manual dexterity
- The candidate should be able to enjoy team work
- The candidate should be able to work irregular schedules
- The candidate should have leadership skills
- The candidate should be able to take the taste of adventure and travel
- The candidate should have a valid Transport Canada 4th Class Engineer – Motor Certificate (STCW) or higher
- The candidate should have a valid Marine Emergency Duties (MED) with respect to Basic Safety-STCW
- The candidate should have a valid Marine Emergency Duties (MED) Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting- STCW
- The candidate should have a valid Marine Emergency Duties (MED) Proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats-STCW
- The candidate should have the reliability or Secret security clearance
- The candidate should hold a valid passport
- The candidate should have a valid Health Canada Medical (however, a valid Transport Canada Seafarers medical may be accepted on initial appointment for a period of up to a maximum of 6 months or until a Health Canada Medical is completed)
- The candidate should be able to fulfill other duties as applicable
- All the candidates who are hired as the part of the core public administration are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
To be determined
- The employees get to work in a well known company
- The employees get an inclusive and a barrier free work environment
- The employees get to work in a place who is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve.
- The employees get employment equity at the work environment
- The employees get competitive salary and other financial benefits
- The employees get various paid leave benefits
The Canadian Coast Guard is known to be entrusted to deliver valuable programs and services to Canadians that save lives, protect the environment and support our Canadian economy. The company is known to offer an exciting sea-going and shore-based career opportunities in the delivery of critical maritime safety, security and response services. The company has also recieved a special recognition as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume documents and certifications/training certificates that are listed above) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!