Equipment Operator – Lachine
Canadian Pacific based in Montreal and Quebec is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Equipment Operator – Lachine. Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. We work with directly linking to major ports on the west and east coasts. We are well-known to provide North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. We are growing with our customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Canadian Pacific
Position: Equipment Operator – Lachine
No of Vacancies: 20
Salary: $34.95 per hour
Note: Starting position includes operation of various intermodal equipment (shunt trucks etc.) at the rate of $29.661 and offers near term progression to other positions within the facility, example Utility Ground at the rate of $30.985 and Heavy Equipment Operator at the rate of $34.959
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Shifts: To be determined
Department: Market Strategy & Asset Management
Position Type: Union
Job Available to: Internal & External
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as high school or equivalent
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidate should be completely vaccinated in accordance to COVID-19 guidelines.
- The candidates also need to confirm with their vaccination certificates
- The candidate should be able to fulfill all health related requirements
- The candidate should have got done with criminal history check and reference check
- The candidates should possess advanced reading and writing skills, including the ability to follow advanced written instruction and/or training in skills such as driving
- The candidate should be in possession of a valid driver license
- The candidate should be able to facilitate the safe and efficient loading of domestic and international containers at the Intermodal facility in Lachine, Quebec
- The candidate should be able to take care of operation of various terminal equipment including shunt trucks, light duty pickup trucks, fuel trucks, trailers, chassis, forklift, sweeper truck, etc
- The candidate should be able to take care of hostling containers/chassis within terminal to support train loading operations
- The candidate should be able to perform general duties, as required, including pre-tripping of perishable intermodal containers, building electric reefer container sets on railcars, plug in reefers on ground and monitor performance also perform visual inspection and report on damages and defects of intermodal equipment
- The candidate should be able to prepare railcars for proper loading of different-size containers by placement of pedestals and spacers also assist in securing of containers once loaded to railcar (walking on railcar platforms, locking/unlocking IBC’s)
- The candidate should be able to update system as required once work is completed also perform other miscellaneous duties as/when required
- The candidate should be able to work in a safety-sensitive position within an environment of heavy equipment and constant flow of traffic.
- The employees get flexible and competitive benefits package
- The employees get the benefits of competitive company pension plan
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Share Purchase Plan
- The employees get the benefit of annual fitness subsidy
- The employees get equal work opportunities
- The employees get to work with equity and inclusion
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!