Dashwood Farm based in Qualicum Beach, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker. Dashwood Farm is one of the best fruits and vegetable combination and poultry farms of the town, serving up fresh and organic products to the customers at a reasonable price. We have many years of experience in this industry and are well-known to the community. The candidate have to work with some duties as a worker, farm. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Dashwood Farm
Position: Farm worker
No of Vacancies: 5
Salary: $15.65 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Job Type: Green job (Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes)
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning
Work setting: Rural area and greenhouse
Work site environment: Candidates should have broiler and other meat-type chicken production, chicken farming, floriculture production, fruit and vegetable combination farming, layer poultry farming, organic farming, other vegetables and melon farming (except potato), outdoors, wet/damp, noisy, odours, dusty and hot area
Security and safety: Criminal record should checked
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation required
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates need experience of 1 year to less than 2 years
Type of crops: Apples, Asparagus, Blueberries, Cabbage, Cucumbers, Garlic, Ginger, Onions, Raspberries, Strawberries, Tomatoes, Zucchinis and Greenhouse vegetables
- The candidate should be able to work overtime, under pressure, in fast-paced environment, maintain tight deadlines, perform repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, pay attention to detail, able to distinguish between colours, sit, walk, stand for extended periods and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong, a combination of sitting, standing, walking and also have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment and also in an organized way
- The candidate should be someone who can judge, hardworking and also a team player
- The candidate should technical experience of harvesting techniques
- The candidate should have experience of equipment and machinery like Tillage equipment and also Tractor
- The candidate should have working experience of plant disease, pest and weed prevention and eradication
- The candidate should have automated systems experience of Automated irrigation system and also Feeding and watering system
- The candidate should have specialization on plant knowledge and identification
- The candidate should be able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops, plant bulbs and seeds, plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees, plant seedlings and also plant and move trees
- The candidate should be able for brush collecting, budding trees, cleaning crop, clipping, farm animal grooming, fruit trees training, grading, greenhouse cleaning, hand harvesting vegetables, handling animals, harvesting seedlings, hoeing crops, lowering, mixing fertilizer, monitoring animal health, seed cutting, shoot positioning, stone and/or wood picking, vegetable culling and also weeding
- The candidate should be able to maintain and manage growth of vines, vine canopy and grapes, operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment, detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry, examine produce for quality and prepare for market and also set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
- The candidate should be able to feed inventory, permaculture, fertilize and spray crops, harvest crops and also feed and tend animals
- The employees get free parking availability
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Job reference number, Cover letter, and References attesting experience) through below mentioned details.
Include this reference number in your application
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!