Birch Street Seafoods Ltd. based in Digby, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fish Processing Supervisor. Birch Street Seafoods Ltd. works as a wholesale distributor of packaged quick-frozen vegetables, juices, meats, fish, and other deep freeze products. We work as a local company to supply fish and other sea foods. We are known as a local source of top of the catch for quality seafoods. Being located at Scallop Capital of the World we provide seafood and frozen vegetables at Digby and other local areas.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidate has to work in Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Overtime and Morning shifts.
Employer Name: Birch Street Seafoods Ltd.
Position: Fish Processing Supervisor
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $20.75 hourly for 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 35 Birch St, Digby, NS, B0V 1A0
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Morning
Work Setting: Fish plant
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard education qualification such as a secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates need an experience of 2-3 years
Ability to Supervise: 5-10 people
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to details
- The candidate should be able to work for overtime
- The candidate should be able to requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- The candidate should be able recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- The candidate should be able to prepare production and other reports
- The candidate should be able to train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should have an excellent oral communication skills
- The candidate should have an excellent written communication skills
- The candidate should have judgement skills
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way
- The candidate should be able to recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- The candidate should be able establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work activities with other work units
- The candidate should be able to supervise, coordinate and schedule (and possibly review) activities of workers
- The candidate should be able to identify, evaluate, control and prevent hazards at all stages of the food production process
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get various career development opportunities
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary and compensatory benefits
- The employees get leave benefits such as paid leaves, sick leaves and casual leaves
Founded in 1990, Birch Street Seafoods Ltd., today is the major part of the Grocery and Related Product Merchant Wholesalers Industry. Working for years, the company has an expert group of employees working on quality seafood and frozen vegetables.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!