Indian Garden Farms based in Hebbville, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fruit farm labourer. Indian Garden Farms began what would become a tradition of farming that still exists today on 1856. Our market is stocked full of fresh apples from our orchards, we have Bosc Pears and cauliflower, greenhouse grown tomatoes, Sweet Mama Buttercup and golden Hubbards squash. We have been busy harvesting cranberries from our bog, sorting and packaging right here on site. We have brought in items from the valley such as potatoes, carrots, onions, turnips and parsnips for anyone craving a nice hearty stew. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Indian Garden Farms
Position: Fruit farm labourer
No of Vacancies: 5
Salary: $13.60 hourly for 32 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Seasonal employment
Location: Hebbville, NS
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift and Morning
Work setting: Rural area
Work site environment: Candidates should work in outdoors, dusty, wet/damp, hot and cold/refrigerated place
Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks, pay attention to detail, handle heavy loads, stand for extended periods and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong
- The candidate should be a team player and also have positive attitude
- The candidate should be able to sort and pack fruits and vegetables, load, unload and transfer crates, supplies and farm produce, livestock and poultry and also clean work area
- The candidate should be able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops, fertilize and spray crops, harvest crops and also pick row and orchard crops
- The candidate should be able to perform general farm duties and also perform general labouring duties
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!