Ocean Nursery Inc. based in Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General farm worker. Ocean Nursery Inc. is located in Stouffville, Ontario. We are famous for our reasonable prices, outstanding quality plants and full range of services. We own 50+ acres of land which is bursting with varieties of beautiful vegetable sprouts, annuals, perennials, shrubs, trees, evergreens and so much more. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Ocean Nursery Inc.
Position: General farm worker
No of Vacancies: 4
Salary: $15.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: 16110 Woodbine Ave, Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON, L4A 2W3
Work setting: Rural area
Work site environment: Candidates should work in outdoors, wet/damp and hot place
Transportation/travel information: Public transportation is not available
Weight handling: More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
Own tools/equipment: Candidates should have steel-toed safety boots and gloves
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
Type of product: Deciduous trees, ferns, native plants, perennials, vegetables, tropical plants, seasonal plants, ornamental trees, shrubs and hedges, fruit trees, garden tractors and bedding plants
- The candidate should be able to work overtime, in fast-paced environment, perform repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, pay attention to detail, stand for extended periods and also for bending, crouching, kneeling and large workload
- The candidate should be able to physically strong and also have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have experience of equipment and machinery like Fertilizer applicator, Lift truck, Loader, Planting equipment, Tractor, Irrigation pumps and equipment, Chain saw and also Forklift
- The candidate should have experience of vehicle and equipment like Light trucks
- The candidate should have experience of automated systems like Automated irrigation system
- The candidate should be able to greenhouse cleaning, weed and also clean work area
- The candidate should be able to transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings, spray or dust plants with insecticides and fungicides, report signs of insect or disease damage, pot and re-pot plants, plant bulbs and seeds, operate climate controls, mix and prepare soils, dig up wrapping rootballs of trees and shrubs and also apply fertilizers
- The candidate should be able to assist in pruning trees, shrubs and plants and also assist in grafting activities
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!