Maple Leaf Foods based in Hamilton, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General Labour Workers. Maple Leaf Foods is known as Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. Our company is known to make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products. We are working under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Currently, we have employed approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia. Our company is working with a vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. We work with a goal to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. Today, our company is advancing boldly within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. In all, we deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidates have to work in Day, Afternoon, Night and Overtime shifts.
Employer Name: Maple Leaf Foods
Position: Industrial Meat Cutter/Butcher
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $16.50 per hour
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Hamilton, ON
Shifts: Day, Afternoon, Night, Overtime shifts
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
To be determined
- The candidate should be able to fulfill all the COVID-19 regulations requirements
- The candidate should be responsible for performing packaging, clean-up and other elemental activities related to food processing.
- The candidate should be able to feed cartons into machines.
- The candidate should be able to check and weigh materials and/or products.
- The candidate should be able to manually pack product into bags, cartons or other containers.
- The candidate should be able to remove finished goods cartons from the conveyor and place them on pallets.
- The candidate should be able to check products and packaging for basic quality defects.
- The employees get the benefits of competitive wages, bonuses, overtime paid and more
- The employees get fitness benefits at work
- The employees get the benefits of annual wage review completed to ensure wages remain competitive across MLF and external companies
- The employees get pay progressive after every 6 months
- The employees get health benefits such as (Healthcare/medical and Dental through SunLife) after 3 months of working
- The employees get the benefits of pension with Manulife after 2 years of working
- The employees the benefits of career advancement within company (we’ve had many employees move up to higher paying hourly positions (i.e. Lead Hands, Assistant Supervisors) and salary positions as well (i.e. Production Supervisors)
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP) through Morneau Shepell, paid by company
- The employees get the benefits of Inkblot online (CBT) cognitive behavioural therapy
- The employees to attend employee’s events throughout the year
- The employees get the benefits of employees sales for product throughout the year
- The employees get safety in accordance to COVID-19 protocols including face masks, face shields and physical barriers within Production
- The employees get training provided where needed
- The employees get to work in a reputable company
- The employees get competitive wages
- The employees get opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
- The employees get a great team environment
- The employees get a strong focus on internal advancement
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Assistance Program
- The employees get equal employment opportunities with a diverse workforce
- The employees get to be a part of the company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
Working for years, Maple Leaf Foods have people who are passionate about the work they do and the products they make. The company is known to be determined to leverage its integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people. The company is known to embrace a strong values-based culture, where people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. The company is known to cultivate an open non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each team member of the company has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of its achieve its goals with passion and discipline. The company members work by supporting one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement. Today, the company is continuously growing and is having more and more investments day-by-day.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!