General labourer – farm | LMIA Approved
Abby Hill Farms based in Richmond, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General labourer – farm. Abby Hill Farms is one of the best fall veggies and great assortment of fall decorations farms of the town, providing fresh and organic produces and quality services to the customers at a reasonable price. 23 years of growing experience and a deep desire to grow the absolute best food is why all of our products taste so much better than the competitions. Our staffs are efficient and well-trained and they are the backbone of our success. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Abby Hill Farms
Position: General labourer – farm
No of Vacancies: 20
Salary: $15.83 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Seasonal employment
Location: Richmond, ON
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning
Work site environment: Candidates should work in corn farming, fruit and vegetable combination farming, other vegetables and melon farming (except potato), outdoors, soybean farming, dangerous, wet/damp, noisy, odours, dusty, hot and cold/refrigerated place
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation required
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
Type of crops: Asparagus, Bell peppers, Carrots, Cucumbers, Garlic, Melons, Onions, Soybeans, Strawberries, Sweet corn, Tomatoes and Zucchinis
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure, in fast-paced environment, maintain tight deadlines, perform repetitive tasks, pay attention to detail, distinguish between colours, sit, walk, stand for extended periods and also for sound discrimination and bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong and also a combination of sitting, standing, walking
- The candidate should have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment and also in an organized way
- The candidate should be someone who can judge and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have experience of equipment and machinery like Planting equipment
- The candidate should be able for hand harvesting vegetables, stone and/or wood picking and also vegetable culling
- The candidate should be able to hoe crops and also harvest crops
- The candidate should be able to examine produce for quality and prepare for market
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Job reference number, and Cover letter) through below mentioned details.
Include this reference number in your application
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!