Canadian Pacific based in BC wide, British Columbia is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Helper/Maintainer – BC (Apprenticeship – become a Qualified Signal Maintainer). Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. We work with directly linking to major ports on the west and east coasts. We are well-known to provide North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. We are growing with our customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. After completion of training, the candidate may bid to a Signal Maintainer Apprentice position. The candidate gets a 9 month Apprenticeship program (paid training). The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined. All the application information is going to be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents.
Employer Name: Canadian Pacific
Position: Helper/Maintainer – BC (Apprenticeship – become a Qualified Signal Maintainer)
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $24.619 per hour
Employment Type: Full time
Position Type: Union
Location: BC wide, British Columbia
Job Availability To: Internal and External
Shifts: To be determined
% Of Travel: 70-80%
Note: Please note that the territory for this position is considered District 4 and covers areas between Vancouver, BC to Swift Current, SK.
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a High school or a General Equivalency Diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need any experience although having experience in Electronics/Electrical would be an asset
To be determined
- The candidate should be completely vaccinated in accordance to COVID-19 guidelines. The candidates also need to confirm with their vaccination certificates
- The candidate must be at least 18 years of age
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license
- The candidate having commercial vehicle and/or air brake license (DZ) is considered an asset
- The candidate should have a safety-oriented work ethic supported by experience within the labour industry
- The candidate should have the ability to follow instructions, rules and regulations is essential written and verbal communications skills
- The candidate should have the ability to work as a valuable member of a team, and must be comfortable working alone
- The candidate should have good written and verbal communication/comprehension skills.
- The candidate should have a position that requires frequent travel in and out of province
- The candidate must have the ability to relocate within District 2.
- The candidate should have skills such as trenching, cable distribution, housing installation, assembly of signal equipment, wiring of signal equipment, pole line work
- The candidate should be able to work with Track Renewal groups protecting the Signal and Communications (S&C) equipment
- The candidate, at times is required to repair or replace damaged equipment
- The candidate should be able to perform moderate to heavy physical labour on an assigned area of track. This work involves Shoveling, Signal equipment installation, Install ground systems, Electrical connection of rail reporting the color of the signal, Climbing poles, Pole line repair and Walking on uneven ground
- The candidate should have an emphasis on safety that is critical for all employees. This can be a high risk environment as the candidate will be working around heavy moving equipment
- The candidate must remain focused at all times and be willing to work in a team environment.
- The candidate have to work in location such as outdoors and, therefore, he/she will be working in all weather conditions (rain, direct sunlight, snow etc.);
- The candidate may be required to be away from home
After completion of the program the candidate will become a Signal Maintainer; accountabilities including
- The candidate should be able to test and verify the correct operation of Signal & Communications (S&C) systems and equipment on his/her assigned territory
- The candidate should be able to perform preventive maintenance on all S&C apparatus
- The candidate should be able to make inspections and tests as required on each device
- The candidate should be able to repair or replace defective devices
- The candidate should be able to investigate and locate problems or failures and take the proper corrective action
- The candidate should be able to plan own work and coordinate it with others
- The candidate should be able to ensure there is enough material on hand to permit work or repairs to be completed without undue delay
- The candidate should be able to install apparatus in accordance with prepared circuit drawings and standards
- The candidate should be able to make authorized corrections and modifications to circuits and enter the changes on plans
- The candidate should be able to prepare and submit reports, time sheets and handle general correspondence
- The employees get flexible and competitive benefits package
- The employees get the benefits of competitive company pension plan
- The employees get the benefit of annual fitness subsidy
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Share Purchase Plan
- The employees get equal work opportunities
- The employees get to work with equity and inclusion
Incorporated in 1881, the Canadian Pacific was formed with a vision to physically unite Canada and Canadians from coast to coast. Working for years, the company is considered as a well developed company. Even today and in future, the building of the Canadian Pacific Railway will be considered to be one of Canada’s greatest feats of engineering.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume and being suitable for the additional requirements) through below mentioned details.
- The candidate should be able to fulfill medical requirements
- The candidate should be able to fulfill background checks such as Criminal history check, Reference check, Education verification and Driver’s license verification
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!