Hotel front desk clerk
Corner Brook Hotel Ltd. based in Corner Brook, NL is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Hotel front desk clerk. Corner Brook Hotel Ltd. provided affordable lodging to weary travelers, with the inception of the Town of Corner Brook as an industrial community in the 1920s. Our hotel is now comprised of 39 rooms, a dozen employees, a restaurant, a bar, and a lot of loyal guests who stay with us time and time again. Our long history make us experienced and well-known in the community. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Corner Brook Hotel Ltd.
Position: Hotel front desk clerk
No of Vacancies: 4
Salary: $13.40 to $16.00 hourly for 30 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 64 Maple Valley Rd, Corner Brook, NL, A2H 6G7
Shifts: Evening, Night and Morning
Work setting: Hospitality industry
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates need experience of 1 year to less than 2 years
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure, pay attention to detail and also stand for extended periods
- The candidate should be who can be depended on
- The candidate should be able to provide information on hotel facilities and services, provide general information about points of interest in the area, provide customer service and also assist clients/guests with special needs
- The candidate should be able to register arriving guests and assign rooms, process group arrivals and departures, take, cancel and change room reservations, process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments and also make and confirm reservations
- The candidate should be able to investigate and resolve complaints and claims, balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms, maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments, follow emergency and safety procedures, clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying), answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages and also perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!