The Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel and Conference Centre based in 1316 33rd Street NE Calgary, AB T2A 6B6, is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Hotel front desk clerk. We are one of the reputed hotels with luxury facilities. We are known to provide high-quality service to our happy customers. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full-time or permanent employment. The shifts the candidate has are Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, and Morning.
- Employer Name: The Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel and Conference Centre
- Position: Hotel front desk clerk
- No of Vacancies: 2
- Salary: $15.00 to $15.50 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location: 1316 33rd Street NE Calgary, AB T2A 6B6
- Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Work Setting: Hotel, motel, resort
- Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation or Public transportation is available
- Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
- Education: Candidates must have a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: Candidates must have 1 year to less than 2 years
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications: Candidate must know Word processing software and opera.
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: The candidate should work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should able to work in fast-paced environment
- The candidate should able to work under pressure
- The candidate should able to work in attention to detail
- The candidate should able to work by standing for extended periods
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should have Effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be Flexibility
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should have Excellent oral communication
- The candidate should have Excellent written communication
- The candidate should be Client focus
- The candidate should be Dependability
- The candidate should be Judgement
- The candidate should be Reliability
- The candidate should be Organized
- The candidate should Take, cancel and change room reservations
- The candidate should register arriving guests and assign rooms
- The candidate should provide information on hotel facilities and services
- The candidate should process group arrivals and departures
- The candidate should process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments
- The candidate should Investigate and resolve complaints and claims
- The candidate should balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports, and related forms
- The candidate should answer the telephone and relay telephone calls and messages\
- The candidate should have Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
- The candidate should Provide general information about points of interest in the area
- The candidate should follow emergency and safety procedures
- The candidate should handle wake-up calls
- The candidate should provide customer service
- The employees get a Health care plan
- The employees get a Dental plan
- The employees get Free parking available
We are the ideal choice of Calgary hotels for business, pleasure, and groups of any size, with 248 spacious accommodations. In our Select or Premier accommodations, you’ll find unparalleled comfort. With over 30,000 square feet of event space and seating for up to 900 people in our Plaza Ballroom, the Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza is one of the largest convention venues in northeast Calgary.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume and be prepared for the screening questions) through below mentioned details.
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for a shift or on-call work?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!