Blue Mountain Resort based in Blue Mountains, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the positions of Housekeeping Room Attendant – Year Round/Seasonal. Blue Mountain Resort is known as Ontario’s largest mountain resort. Our resort is Nestled on the shores of Southern Georgian Bay and only 90 minutes outside Toronto. We are known for Winter at the Resort boasts 43 ski and snowboard trails across 365 skiable acres, enhanced by a world-class snowmaking system. In Summer months as well, we offer a variety of activities from golfing and high ropes, to zip-lining and coaster riding. With this, at the base of the mountain, guests can enjoy a stay in one of the 1,000 luxury accommodation units and experience an assortment of unique concept restaurants, bars and retail stores in the pedestrian Village. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Blue Mountain Resort
Position: Housekeeping Room Attendant – Year Round/Seasonal
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Employment Type: Full time, Summer Jobs
Location: Blue Mountains, ON
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is housekeeping is an asset
- The candidate must be physically fit and able to lift up to 35 pounds on a continuous basis and lift up to 45 pounds (with assistance) occasionally throughout the day.
- The candidate should be able to push and pull carts and equipment a continuous basis
- The candidate should be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle repetitive physical motions, such as standing, sitting, stretching and bending
- The candidates should be team oriented
- The candidate should have proven ability to work under tight time demands
- The candidate should have the ability to maintain a positive attitude at work
- The candidate should have proven guest service ability with an attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to ensure that all guest rooms are cleaned to Blue Mountain/Westin brand standards, according to the detailed training programs.
- The candidate should be able to ensure that they are able to provide the guests with clean rooms and exceed their expectations of lodging service quality.
- The candidate should be able to provide exemplary customer service by meeting our four service promises: engaging each guest, providing enthusiastic and friendly service, anticipating guest needs, and taking ownership.
- The candidate should be able to perform essential duties of the daily housekeeping services in assigned units and common areas to standard, within specified time limits.
- The candidate should be able to do cleaning of guest rooms including: making beds, changing linens as required, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms and kitchens, dusting, vacuuming, placing furniture to original position and replenishing amenities.
- The candidate should be able to clean the bathroom inside the guest room: cleaning and sanitizing (horizontal and vertical) all sinks, faucets, vanities, tubs, showers, walls and toilets.
- The candidate should be able to clean the kitchen inside the guest room including: loading/emptying the dishwasher, cleaning and sanitizing (horizontal and vertical) all sinks, taps, dishes, cupboards, fridge, stovetop, oven and microwave.
- The candidate should be able to ensure all kitchen inventory is accounted for and replaced/reported.
- The candidate should be able to update and prioritize rooms to be cleaned.
- The candidate should be able to do deep cleaning units annually in a team, including assisting with moving furniture, high dusting and full clean of the unit.
- The candidate should be responsible for stocking and maintaining a clean/organized working environment at all times – this includes the linen lock-up, housekeeping carts, vacuums etc.
- The candidate should be responsible for assisting in the removal of trash, recyclables and dirty linens as seen fit or directed.
- The candidate should be able to handle guests’ complaints and take action to resolve problems – inform leadership when required.
- The candidate should be able to assist other housekeeping employees in maintaining clean and organized working and public areas.
- The employees get health and dental benefits after 3 months
- The employees get a free Alterra Mountain Pass for employees, ski or ride for free at 14 Alterra owned destinations
- The employees get pass benefits for his/her family and discounted lift tickets you can share with friends
- The employees get free rentals
- The employees get staff priced meals and Starbucks
- The employees get staff room rates at all hotels
- The employees get retail savings at Burton, Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside and More
- The employees get equal work opportunities with having a diverse and inclusive work culture
Working for years, Blue Mountain has become the four-season outdoor destination of the North. The resort is known for the activities provided and the best hotel experience. With years of experience, today, the resort has 53,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space, and caters year-round to groups and special events.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!