Fisheries and Oceans Canada – Canadian Coast Guard College is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Junior Officer, Recruitment at various locations. The Canadian Coast Guard College can be termed as a national maritime training facility located on scenic Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Our college is defined as a national college that provides training and services in French and English. In all, we as a college work with delivering programs to support the College’s mission and mandate in marine safety, security and environmental protection. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The candidates need to work in Flexible Hours shifts. The profiles of the unselected candidates will be used for the further job vacancies.
Employer Name: Fisheries and Oceans Canada – Canadian Coast Guard
Position: Junior Officer, Recruitment
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $54,878 to $61,379 per year
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Various Locations
Last Date of Application: 8th June 2024
Shifts: Flexible hours
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as a successful completion of Secondary School diploma or an acceptable combination of training, education, or experience.
Experience: Candidates need experience of working in various departments the details to the same are explained below
To be determined
- The candidates need experience in organizing events, activities or programs.
- The candidates need experience in creating and delivering presentations to larger groups (ten or more).
- The candidates need to give an explanation that how he/she meets the education qualification
- The candidates need experience as a seagoing personnel within the Federal Government.
- The candidates need experience with the Inshore Rescue boat student program.
- The candidates need experience working on committees.
- The candidates need experience with recruiting for post-secondary organizations.
- The candidates need knowledge of the programs and services of the Canadian Coast Guard and their benefits to Canadians.
- The candidates need knowledge of the Canadian Coast Guard College and its program and activities.
- The candidate should have the ability to manage changing and conflicting priorities.
- The candidate should have the ability to communicate effectively, in writing.
- The candidate should have the ability to communicate effectively orally.
- The candidate should have the ability to effectively deliver presentations for select target audiences.
- The candidate should have a strong interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to work in a team
- The candidate should have judgement skills
- The candidate should be able to work with an initiative
- The candidate should be someone who can be dependent on
- The candidate should have the willingness and ability to travel extensively
- The candidate should have the willingness and ability to work overtime upon request on short notice.
- The candidate should have a valid Driver’s License
- The candidates should fully COVID-19 vaccinated
- The candidates need to represent the Canadian Coast Guard College (CCGC) at recruitment fairs and other recruitment events and promote the Officer Training Program (OTP) while also answering questions regarding other Canadian Coast Guard (CCG) Programs and Services.
- The candidates need to schedule recruitment visits with high schools and other organizations as directed by the Recruitment Officer.
- The candidate needs to assist in the development and facilitation of College and Regional recruitment and outreach events and tours.
- The candidates need to maintain statistics on recruitment events and update the recruitment database as required.
- The employees get to work in a well known company
- The employees get an inclusive and a barrier free work environment
The employees get to work in a place who is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve.
- The employees get employment equity at the work environment
- The employees get competitive salary and other financial benefits
- The employees get to work in accordance to flexible work arrangements, volunteer days, and family-related leave
- The employees get learning and training opportunities to get support in their current and future career
- The employees get to work with one of the Canada’s top employers
The Canadian Coast Guard College is known to be unique and has specialized training sought after by organizations around the world. Every year, there remain thousands of highly trained graduates who join their colleagues as Coast Guard officers to provide services that are critical to Canadians.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!