Kennel Club Boarding based in North Gower, ON, and Kars, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Kennel attendant. Kennel Club Boarding is providing a safe relaxing space for dogs to play, run, explore. and simply be dogs. We pride ourselves on sending dogs home happily exhausted. Without the noise and confusion of traditional kennels, Kennel Club Boarding is one of Ottawa’s best kennels. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Kennel Club Boarding
Position: Kennel attendant
No of Vacancies: 6
Salary: $17.50 hourly 143 to 176 hours per month
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: North Gower, ON, and Kars, ON
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Morning, 07:00 to 18:00
Transportation information: Own vehicle, Own transportation
Work setting: Animal hospital, Animal shelter, Kennel
Type of pets groomed: All breeds of dogs, Cats
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
Dog training expertise: Canine behaviour problems/modification
Animal specialization: Domestic animals/pets (cats, kittens, puppies, dogs, etc.)
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to stand, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle weight Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be client focus, dependable, flexible, reliable, and judgmental, and be able to work as a team player
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication, efficient interpersonal skills, and excellent written communication
- The candidates should be able to bathing/shampooing, prepare food and feed animals
- The candidates should be able to clean and disinfect cages, pens, aquariums, kennels, runs, stall and enclosures, keep records of animals treated
- The candidates should be able to assist with inoculation and treatment of animals, assist animal breeders to handle and nurture animals
- The candidates should be able to do ear cleaning, maintain and order supplies
- The candidates should be able to do nail clipping, monitor and document animal behaviour
- The candidates will get free parking available, learning/training paid by employer, on-site amenities, variable or compressed work week
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, and References attesting experience) through below mentioned details.
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!