Bearspaw Contracting Inc based in Elkford, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Labourer, mine. Bearspaw Contracting Inc was started in 2006 by two Elk Valley entrepreneurs, both of whom had decades of prior experience working in the mining industry. We are an on-call mining services company, a labour company and a local business trying to do good things in our communities. we help people, especially young workers, get the skills they need to secure jobs in the mining industry, and we do so in a way that provides our clients with skilled work and reliable service. Recruitment is ongoing and we have a history of promoting from within. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Bearspaw Contracting Inc
Position: Labourer, mine
No of Vacancies: 25
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 36 to 80 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Elkford, BC
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning
Work setting: Coal mine, various locations, relocation costs covered by employer, office building
Commercial building and industrial facility or establishment
Own tools/equipment: Candidates should have safety equipment/gear and steel-toed safety boots
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced environment, perform repetitive tasks, pay attention to detail, stand for extended periods and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong, a combination of sitting, standing, walking and also have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment and also take initiative
- The candidate should be dependable, reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should be able to clear blockages and spills of ore and coal, wash windows, walls and ceilings, vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture, pick up debris and empty trash containers, dust furniture, disinfect operating rooms and other areas, clean and disinfect elevators, clean snow and ice from walkways and parking areas and also clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- The candidate should be able to assist other mine workers in setting up and operating machinery and mine equipment, load, move, sort and pile materials and supplies and also work with minimal supervision
- The employee get dental plan, disability benefits, health care plan and vision care benefits
- The employee get bonus
- The employee get group insurance benefits and life insurance
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, and References attesting experience) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!