Pangea Pod Hotel based in Whistler’s pedestrian Village is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Line Cook. The Pangea Pod Hotel is conveniently located in the middle of Whistler, and is within 650 feet of the Whistler and Blackcomb gondolas. We are not only known as hotels but known as the best hotels in the world. We are known to provide designer pod accommodation that’s affordable, central, and social. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Pangea Pod Hotel
Position: Like Cook
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $28.00 per hour
Employment Type: Full time and Part time
Location: Whistler’s pedestrian Village
Shifts: Flexible Schedule
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language, language skills is a bonus
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidate should be understanding of food safety regulations
- The candidate should have the ability to work in a high pressure environment
- The candidate should have a bags of enthusiasm
- The candidate should be able to work in house team
- The candidate should be someone who knows the way around a kitchen, whether by instinct or experience.
- The candidate should be passionate about food and have an appreciation for creative presentation.
- The candidate should be someone who takes immense personal pride in the quality of the output, be it food or otherwise.
- The candidate should be a team player who can establish a great rapport with colleagues both in the kitchen and out front.
- The candidate should be able to work in a demanding environment (physically and emotionally)
- The candidate should be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- The candidate should be a person who gets a buzz out of putting the pedal to the metal, but can stay calm and composed in difficult circumstances
- The candidate should be at the center of a global community of travellers, a place where people from all ends of the Earth and all walks of life gather to have a good time.
- The candidate should have the aim to be the metaphorical melting pot of Whistler – a place where the guests can relax and socialize over a coffee, craft beer or cocktail, swapping tips from the slopes and sharing stories of their adventures.
- The candidates should be able to have fun as well as work hard, to get to know our guests rather than just serve them, and to enjoy every day at the hotel.
- The candidate should be able to relish the challenges that come their way and take personal satisfaction from their achievements.
- The candidates are actively encouraged to use their initiative, be creative, and challenge the status quo – if there’s something Pangea could do differently to achieve its goals more quickly or effectively, they should be able to say something about the procedure
- The candidate should be proactive, determined, and willing to pitch in
- The candidate should be responsible for preparing a range of delicious dishes from an innovative menu, maintaining the very highest standards of food hygiene, presentation and quality.
- The candidate should be able to prepare food in a small but busy kitchen
- The candidate should be able to ensure orders and deliver on time and to a high standard
- The candidate should be responsible for maintaining a clean and hygienic working environment, as well as keeping kitchen equipment well maintained and in good working order
- The employees are offered real real opportunities to progress at one of the most exciting hospitality projects in Canada (in one of the most famous mountain resorts on the planet
- The employees get the top-of-the-market compensation, starting at $28/hr
- The employees get health and dental benefits after initial period
- The employees get LMIA application and future PR sponsorship (for those who need it)
- The employees get season ski pass (for those staying through the winter season)
- The employees get staff housing in Alpine
- The employees get flexible schedules (because you’re here to enjoy Whistler too)
- The employees get to work in a unique work environment
- The employees get plenty of room to grow with the company
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!