Fisheries and Oceans Canada – Canadian Coast Guard College based in Sydney (Nova Scotia) is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Marine Engineering Instructor. The Canadian Coast Guard College can be termed as a national maritime training facility located on scenic Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Our college is defined as a national college that provides training and services in French and English. In all, we as a college work with delivering programs to support the College’s mission and mandate in marine safety, security and environmental protection. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined. The profiles of the unselected candidates will be used for the further job vacancies.
Employer Name: Fisheries and Oceans Canada – Canadian Coast Guard College
Position: Marine Engineering Instructor
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $88,516 to $116,479 per year
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Sydney (Nova Scotia)
Last Date of Application: 24th February 2024
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as a diploma in Marine Engineering from a recognized Canadian Marine Training Institution OR graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation, Electronics and Control Engineering OR graduation with a degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in Naval Architecture.
Experience: Candidates need experience of working in various departments the details to the same are explained below
To be determined
- The candidates need experience in monitoring machinery and carrying out maintenance and repairs.
- The candidates need experience in managing and training technical staff.
- The candidates need graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in education and certification in adult education as an asset
- The candidates need Certificate of Competency (STCW), Second-Class Engineer (or higher), Motor Ship, or combined issued by Transport Canada as an asset education
- The candidates need certificate of Competency (STCW) as Electro Technical Officer as an asset education
- The candidates need teaching experience in the field of engineering as an asset experience
- The candidates need teaching experience in Electro technology and High Voltage as an asset experience
- The candidates need experience as Chief or Senior Engineer on Canadian Coast Guard vessels as an asset experience
- The candidates need experience as Chief or senior engineering Officer on merchant marine vessels as an asset experience
- The candidates need experience as Electrical Officer on Canadian Coast Guard or merchant marine vessels as an asset experience
- The candidate should have key leadership competencies such as values and ethics, strategic thinking, engagement, management excellence
- The candidate should be able to communicate effectively orally
- The candidate should be able to communicate effectively in writing
- The candidate should be able to deliver effective presentations
- The candidate should have the knowledge of lesson plan development as an asset knowledge
- The candidate should have the ability to plan, organize and implement program activities as an asset ability
- The candidate should have the ability to use and apply technology in the preparation of course material and in teaching as an asset ability
- The candidate should have a security clearance reliability status
- The candidate should be able to wear a uniform
- The candidate should be able to complete the medical examination
- The candidate should have a valid Driver’s License
- The candidates should fully COVID-19 vaccinated
To be determined
- The employees get to work in a well known company
- The employees get an inclusive and a barrier free work environment
- The employees get to work in a place who is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve.
- The employees get employment equity at the work environment
- The employees get competitive salary and other financial benefits
- The employees get to work in accordance to flexible work arrangements, volunteer days, and family-related leave
- The employees get learning and training opportunities to get support in their current and future career
- The employees get to work with one of the Canada’s top employers
The Canadian Coast Guard College is known to be unique and has specialized training sought after by organizations around the world. Every year, there remain thousands of highly trained graduates who join their colleagues as Coast Guard officers to provide services that are critical to Canadians.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!