Blue Mountain Resort based in Blue Mountains, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the positions of Monterra Golf – Outside Services Attendant. Blue Mountain Resort is known as Ontario’s largest mountain resort. Our resort is Nestled on the shores of Southern Georgian Bay and only 90 minutes outside Toronto. We are known for Winter at the Resort boasts 43 ski and snowboard trails across 365 skiable acres, enhanced by a world-class snowmaking system. In Summer months as well, we offer a variety of activities from golfing and high ropes, to zip-lining and coaster riding. With this, at the base of the mountain, guests can enjoy a stay in one of the 1,000 luxury accommodation units and experience an assortment of unique concept restaurants, bars and retail stores in the pedestrian Village. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The candidate has to work in Days, Nights, Weekends, and Holidays shifts.
Employer Name: Blue Mountain Resort
Position: Monterra Golf Grounds Maintenance Worker – Seasonal
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $16.50 per hour
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Blue Mountains, ON
Shifts: Days, Nights, Weekends, and Holidays
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having 1-2 years experience in customer support is an asset. Prior golf experience or golf related knowledge is not required, but it is also an asset
- The candidate must be able to lift 30-40 lb. golf bags from a vehicle and load them on a cart on a regular basis.
- The candidate must be able to stand/walk to service customers for extended periods of time.
- The candidates should be a team player and work in harmony with all departments of the Golf Operation
- The candidate must be able to bring a positive and friendly attitude to work every day.
- The candidate must enjoy working outside in all-weather conditions and be willing to interact with all types of guests and passholders.
- The candidate must hold a valid G2 or G driver’s license or equivalent.
- The candidate must work well independently and in a team environment.
- The candidate having Smart Serve certification is highly recommended
- The candidate should be able to greet all guests and passholders upon their arrival to Monterra Golf and on their departure
- The candidate should be able to assist guests and passholders with the unloading/loading of golf bags in/out of their vehicle onto/off our golf carts.
- The candidate should be able to setup/load/clean/move golf carts around our staging areas.
- The candidate should be able to check receipts/tokens from guests before the guest heads out on course.
- The candidate should be able to start groups onto the course, keep track of arrivals, monitor pace of play, and track finishing times.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate proper use of golf cart operating procedures, including GPS, and provide instructions for on-course etiquette.
- The candidate should be able to stock golf carts with pencils, scorecards, name cards and keys.
- The candidate should be able to handle minor guest concerns, resolve issues quickly, answer questions from guests and find the answer if you do not know it.
- The candidate should be able to organize rental clubs and put them away; wash, refill, organize and park all golf carts for guests.
- The candidate should be able to tow carts, document damage to carts in the cart logbook and perform routine cart maintenance.
- The candidate should be able to help with the setup and teardown for golf events.
- The candidate should be able to sweep the cart staging and bag area to keep it organized and tidy, reset the hitting net and put green areas.
- The candidate should be able to assist the Golf Shop Staff when necessary
- The employees get discounted recreation tickets which they can share with their friends.
- The employees get free personal golf and discounted rounds for family and friends at Monterra Golf
- The employees get staff priced meals & Starbucks treats
- The employees get the benefits of Retail savings at Monterra, Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, Burton and more
- The employees get staff room rates at all our hotels
Working for years, Blue Mountain has become the four-season outdoor destination of the North. The resort is known for the activities provided and the best hotel experience. With years of experience, today, the resort 53,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space, it caters year-round to groups and special events.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!