Officer, Administrative Process Excellence
Canada Post based in Ottawa, ON, CA is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Officer, Administrative Process Excellence. The company Canada Post is a crown corporation that functions as Canada’s primary postal operator. Our company is known as a well-known e-commerce powerhouse, delivering billions of items every year. We work with mailing letters, shipping parcels, with making and selling businesses online. Our company has a total assets valued at 11.2 billion Canadian dollars. We are known to help small businesses grow. We work to enrich lives in remote locations. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The job preference will be given to Indigenous people or persons with a disability. We work with a special measure employment equity initiative and candidates from this group who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
Employer Name: Canada Post
Position: Officer, Administrative Process Excellence
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: Salary is not mentioned by employer. Approximately $25.00 hourly, estimated by Canadian Job Bank
Shift: To be determined
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Job Requisition Id: 163769
Business Function: Operations Support
Primary City: Ottawa
Employment Status: Permanent
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the Bilingual Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as post-secondary (College or University), preferably in a Business related field OR a combination of equivalent professional experience and training
Experience: Candidates need a 2-4 years of related work experience, having 1 to 3 years of Project Management experience an asset, having knowledge of lean Six Sigma training an asset also one or more years of experience in a unionized environment an asset
- The candidate should be able to provide a range of logistics, administrative and support services for the Centre for Process Excellence (CPEx). It includes planning and execution of Black, Green and Yellow Belt and other training events, workshops and conferences
- The candidate should be able to communicate with program participants, suppliers, and stakeholders and also record project, and program information management and database and website maintenance
- The candidate should be able to provide engineering systems support and is accountable for communications for National and/or Regional Process Engineering activities relating to process efficiency
- The candidate should be able to plan, coordinate, and execute the logistics for the Lean / Six Sigma program cycle and also solicit input from Process Engineering Directors in the regions and process improvement coordinators in key business areas, reviews budget, timing and size of training and manages program logistics for training facilities, printing, supplies and classroom requirements.
- The candidate should be able to plan, administer, communicate and execute all logistics required for Lean Six Sigma programs, for example, classroom courses, e-learning modules, conferences and workshops and also ensure consistency, high standards and cost efficiency are met for all events
- The candidate should be able to negotiate with hotels and other venues to ensure adequate facilities are obtained at the best terms possible for the corporation and also liaise with venue representatives during the event, ensuring all logistics are in place.
- The candidate should be able to manage communications with course participants prior to the training and also advise them of all logistics details and provide all course material
- The candidate should be able to act as primary contact for all questions and concerns related to the running of the course and also track the program participants’ project progress and advises manager where follow up may be required
- The candidate should be able to represent The Centre for Process Excellence in meetings with internal customers to clarify customer needs and/or resolve particular program problems and also maintain all course materials and ensures that all amendments from course facilitators are made in a timely manner, this includes translation requests, sample binders, filing of electronic copies, and version control
- The candidate should be able to liaise with printers and other suppliers for course materials needed for programs and also ensure timely shipping of materials.
- The candidate should be able to liaise with Learning and Development (L&D) to ensure course participants’ certification is transferred to their L&D records.
- The candidate should be able to administer the budgetary aspects of the program: orders items, confirms goods received (SAP) and requests payment, and tracking program expenditures against budget and supplier contracts and managing chargebacks through Training Events Manager (TEM) where required
- The candidate should be able to deal with the finance officer to ensure compliance to corporate needs/policies and liaise directly with suppliers to resolve invoice/billing issues.
- The candidate should be able to update the website for the program and also ensure that program information is available, up to date and accessible to all business areas and regions and Group of Companies partners
- The candidate should be able to generate ad hoc reports from databases to respond to corporate requests for information and also provide a range of administrative support services to the Process Engineering, Integration and Improvement team
- The candidate should be able to use discretion and sound judgment in dealing with internal and external stakeholders and also conduct small scale process improvement projects with internal stakeholders, coordinates and facilitates strategic and improvement project meetings, monitors and communicates on multiple Operations projects.
- The candidate should be able to support information gathering in the regions and at head office during the planning process; participate in the analysis, validation and consolidation of the information for input to the Corporate Plan and also analyze previous year’s results and provide detailed impact assessments. Develops and participates in presentations with functional sponsors, senior managers and others.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!