Service Canada based in Timmins, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Payment service officer – government services. Service Canada is a program that is operated by Employment and Social Development Canada, working with being a single-point of access for the Government of Canada’. Our company has started working from 14 September 2005, with a mandate to provide a single point of access to a range of government services and benefits either in person, by phone, by internet, or by mail. Its origins date back to 1998 when the Government of Canada began developing an integrated citizen-centred service strategy (based on the detailed surveys of citizens’ needs and expectations). As of May 2007, we have also partnered with more than 14 other departments and agencies to provide access to more than 50 government programs and services. We have also established nearly 500 points of service across Canada. Our services mainly include an outreach and mobile offices designed to deliver programs and services into rural and remote areas. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or term or contract employment. The candidates have to work in Day, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours and To be determined shifts.
Employer Name: Service Canada
Position: Payment service officer – government services
No of Vacancies: 100
Salary: $54,878 annually for 37.5 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time-Remote Work Available
Location: Timmins, ON
Shifts: Day, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, To be determined
Work Setting: Information technology
Work Location Information: Urban area, Various locations, Relocation costs not covered by employer
Workplace Information: Remote work available
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English or French Languages.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Business Equipment and Computer Applications: MS Excel, MS Windows, MS Word, Database software, MS Outlook
Security and Safety: Credit check, Enhanced reliability security clearance
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to provide clients with information
- The candidate should be able to manage difficult situations with customers
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have an excellent oral communication skills
- The candidate should have an excellent written communication skills
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client
- The candidate should have judgement skills
- The candidate should be able to work with values and ethics
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way
- The candidate should be able to analyse or interpret data
- The candidate should have employment insurance officer specific skills to monitor payments of benefits throughout duration of claim
- The candidate should have employment insurance officer specific skills to determine eligibility of persons applying for benefits
- The candidate should have employment insurance officer specific skills to ascertain facts on issues such as reason for loss of employment and availability for work
- The employees get health benefits such as Health care plan and Dental plan
- The employees get long-term benefits such as Pension plan and Maternity and parental benefits
- The employees get other benefits such as Learning/training paid by employer, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
Service Canada is known to provide service programs that are the largest and most heavily used programs. The service program includes the Social Insurance Number, the Employment Insurance program, the Old Age Security program and the Canada Pension Plan. Service Canada also works as a centre to accept Canadian passports.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with a resume and including the reference number) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!