Crimson Lane Farms Inc based in Moorefield, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Pork production technician. Crimson Lane Farms Inc is a second generation farrow-to-wean pork farm. Our new barns are designed so that our animals can live in groups where the conditions allow for safe, efficient and humane movement. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Crimson Lane Farms Inc
Position: Pork production technician
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $17.00 hourly 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: 8202 Concession 16 RR 1, Moorefield, ON N0G 2K0
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
Work setting: Rural area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 2 to less than 3 years’
Area of specialization: Pork, Swine
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidates should be able to work in outdoors, wet/damp, noisy, dusty, odours, hot area, and hog and pig farming
- The candidates should be organized, should have excellent oral communication, and be able to work as a team player
- The candidates should be able to boar semen collection, feed inventory, handle animals
- The candidates should be able to do monitoring animal health, processing pig litters, weaning
- The candidates should be able to assist in the development and implementation of farm safety and bio-security procedures, maintain financial and production records
- The candidates should be able to ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed, maintain livestock performance records, maintain quality control and production records, recognize and treat certain livestock health problems
- The candidates should be able to maintain work records and logs, operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment, perform general farm duties
- The candidates will get dental plan and health care plan
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, References attesting experience, Highest level of education, and name of institution where it was completed) through below mentioned details.
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Include this reference number in your application
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!