R.P.N. (registered practical nurse)
Extendicare Canada Inc./ParaMed Home Health Care based in Kingston, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of R.P.N. (registered practical nurse). Extendicare Canada Inc./ParaMed Home Health Care have been caring for people in their homes, offering a full range of home health care services including personal care, homemaking, therapy and nursing services. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Extendicare Canada Inc./ParaMed Home Health Care
Position: R.P.N. (registered practical nurse)
No of Vacancies: 15
Salary: $23.35 hourly 70 to 88 hours bi-weekly
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Shift: Day, Evening, Shift, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
Location: Kingston, ON
Transportation/travel information: Valid driver’s licence, Own transportation
Work setting: Home care and visiting care agency, Hospital/medical facility or clinic
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as College, CEGEP or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 7 months to less than 1 year
Credentials: Acute care nursing Certificate, Eligible for licensure as a practical nurse by the province/territory of work, Intravenous (IV) therapy Certification, Completion of the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination, Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certificate, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certificate, CPR Certificate, Licensure as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse by provincial authorities, First Aid Certificate
Area of specialization: palliative care
Security and safety: Criminal record check, Immunization records, tuberculosis test
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk for extended periods, and should be able to distinguish between colours
- The candidates should be able to administer medication and observe and document therapeutic effects, take vital signs, apply aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensure infection control, monitore nutritional intake and conduct specimen collection
- The candidates should be able to provide pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care, monitor established respiratory therapy and intravenous therapy
- The candidates should be able to provide safety and health education to individuals and their families, provide nursing services, within defined scope of practice, to patients based on patient assessment and care planning procedures
- The candidates should be able to monitor patients’ progress, evaluate effectiveness of nursing interventions and consult with appropriate members of healthcare team
- The candidates will get dental plan, health care plan, vision care benefits
- The candidates will get group insurance benefits, pension plan, registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), team building opportunities, and as per collective agreement
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, Proof of the requested certifications, Highest level of education, and name of institution where it was completed) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!