Canadian Pacific based in Calgary, Alberta is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Rail Car Mechanic Apprentice. Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. We work with directly linking to major ports on the west and east coasts. We are well-known to provide North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. We are growing with our customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. The classification of Rail Car Mechanic and Apprentice will be determined by experience and current shop mix. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined. All the application information is going to be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents.
Employer Name: Canadian Pacific
Position: Rail Car Mechanic Apprentice
Department: Mechanical Car
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $31.542 per hour and go up every 1000 hours until full rate is reached
Employment Type: Full time
Position Type: Union
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Job Availability To: Internal & External
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a high school diploma or general equivalent diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need any experience although having experience with heavy metal fabrication/welding would be an asset
To be determined
- The candidate should be completely vaccinated in accordance to COVID-19 guidelines. The candidates also need to confirm with their vaccination certificates
- The preference will be given to those candidates who possess a journeyman welder or commercial driver’s license
- The candidates having a valid driver’s license is an asset
- The candidates being boilermaker/ironworker would be an asset
- The candidate must be able to work within strict established safety and work guidelines/rules to complete job
- The candidate should have strong problem solving and computer skills
- The candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- The candidate should be able to work as a team working member in a high production environment performing preventative and corrective maintenance to Rail Cars.
- The candidate should be able to repair, maintain and inspect freight car equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- The candidate should be able to perform all preventative maintenance work and repairs on trucks, underframe, structure, safety appliances, braking systems, draft systems and any associated tests
- The candidate should be able to perform all work associated with rush repairs, road work and supplementary service operation of equipment
- The candidate should be able to repair and application of all associated piping and valves, guards, shrouds, covers and any cutting, burning, welding, grinding, soldering and brazing associated with removal or application of components
- The employees get flexible and competitive benefits package
- The employees get the benefits of competitive company pension plan
- The employees get the benefit of annual fitness subsidy
- The employees get equal work opportunities
- The employees get to work with equity and inclusion
Incorporated in 1881, the Canadian Pacific was formed with a vision to physically unite Canada and Canadians from coast to coast. Working for years, the company is considered as a well developed company. Even today and in future, the building of the Canadian Pacific Railway will be considered to be one of Canada’s greatest feats of engineering.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume and being suitable for the additional requirements) through below mentioned details.
- The candidate should be able to fulfill medical requirements
- The candidate should be able to fulfill background checks such as Criminal history check, Reference check and Education verification
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!