Fraserview Meats, based in Surrey, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Retail Meat Cutter. Fraserview Meats is known to provide fresh clean meat for retail and wholesale. We are known to serve raw and ready to serve marinated choices of regular and spicy meats. We provide fresh and clean meat for seasoned chefs for them to be creative and adventurous. We are known to keep a very degree of control when it comes to the hygiene and upkeep of our shop. Our employees are known to maintain a clean and inviting store so that a customer can walk in and buy the meat of his/her choice with peace of mind. We hire foreign workers to fill labour or skill shortages on a temporary basis. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidates have to work in Day, Evening and Morning shifts. This position of Retail Meat Cutter is approved by LMIA.
Employer Name: Fraserview Meats
Position: Retail Meat Cutter
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $18.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 12047 80 Ave, Surrey, BC, V3W 1M9
Shifts: Day, Evening, Morning
Work Setting: Butcher shop
Work Site Environment: Odours
Work Location Information: Relocation costs covered by employer
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Slicing machine, Manual cutting utensil, Band saw
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to work with a hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should be a combination of sitting, standing, walking and standing for extended periods
- The candidate should be able to wrap and package prepared meats
- The candidate should be able to weigh meats for sale
- The candidate should be able to sell meats to customers
- The candidate should be able to price meat products
- The candidate should be able to clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way
- The candidate should be able to remove bones from meat
- The candidate should be able to prepare special displays of meats, poultry and fish products
- The candidate should be able to make special sausages
- The candidate should be able to grind meats
- The candidate should be able to cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- The candidate should be able to cut carcasses, sides and quarters
- The employees get to work in a well known company
- The employees get various career development opportunities
- The employees get various financial and competitive benefits
- The employees get to learn various advanced techniques
For the past 30 years, Fraserview Meats has been working in the profession to provide fresh clean meat for retail and wholesale. The company has begun its journey from England and after a very successful year, it opened in Vancouver, Canada. Later in 2003, the company moved to Surrey. The store/company is known to serve its clients with professionalism and courteous service and above all, fresh meat.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!