Woolwich Community Services based in Elmira, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the positions of Retail Sales Specialist (Canada Summer Jobs). Woolwich Community Services is known as a helping hand, supportive friend, and the community service provider. We are known as the street, a resource helping where help is needed and a referral service to other community support providers. In all, together we are making a difference to help enhance our community. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or fixed term contract employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Woolwich Community Services
Position: Retail Sales Specialist (Canada Summer Jobs)
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $15.00 per hour for 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time-Summer Jobs
Location: Elmira, ON
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidate should be able to lift heavy items and stand for long periods of time
- The candidate should be able to maintain the appearance of the window.
- The candidate should be able to remove past dated items and bag them.
- The candidate should be able to design and set-up displays.
- The candidate should be able to record all sales through the cash register.
- The candidate should be able to record daily sales on forms, complete a deposit book and deposit day’s receipts in the bank.
- The candidate must be between the age of 15 to 30
- The candidate should be a customer service oriented person with the ability to work with volunteers
- The candidate must be pleasant, honest, enjoy people
- The candidate must be fully vaccinated by the COVID-19 pandemic
- The candidate should be able to provide customers with a quality second hand retail store experience, offering exemplary customer service.
- The candidate should be able to assist customers in finding articles
- The candidate should be aware of customers’ needs and identify areas in the store that
- The candidate should be able to give out credit slips on returned items
- The candidate should be able to assist in promotion of the store
- The candidate should be able to ensure that the store is open for business, doors open, lights on, signs turned.
- The candidate should be able to sort, price and hang good quality used clothing
- The candidate should be able to box and store off season clothing.
- The candidate should be able to dispose of unusable clothing and household articles.
- The employees get wage subsidies
- The employees get paid leave benefits
- The employees get to learn various advanced techniques
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
Since 1974, Woolwich Community Services has been a community service provider to thousands of Woolwich and northern Wellesley Township residents. Since the completion of its new building in 2014, the company has been able to enhance its existing programs and welcome many outside service providers to its location.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email or meeting in person (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
5 Memorial Ave. Elmira
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!