Hotel Halifax based in Halifax, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Room attendant. Hotel Halifax Hotel Halifax is a hotel which features stunning views enabling guests to enjoy the bustling activity of the Halifax Harbour from the comfort of their own guest room. The contemporary lobby with open bar greets people with warm maritime hospitality, and impressive onsite amenities include our spa, heated indoor pool, and the award-winning Harbour City Bar & Grill. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Hotel Halifax
Position: Room attendant
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $15.21 to $16.21 hourly (to be negotiated) 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: 1990 Barrington St, Halifax, NS B3J 1P2
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Early Morning
Transportation information: Public transportation is available
Work setting: Urban area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 1 to less than 7 months
Security and safety: Criminal record check
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidates should be client focus, flexible, organized, reliable, and initiative
- The candidates should have excellent oral communication, excellent written communication, efficient interpersonal skills, and be able to work as a team player
- The candidate should have values and ethics
- The candidates should be able to dust furniture, vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture, make beds and change sheets
- The candidates should be able to distribute clean towels and toiletries, stock linen closet, clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- The candidates should be able to handle and report lost and found items, attend to guests’ requests for extra supplies or other items, provide basic information on facilities
- The candidates should be able to pick up debris and empty trash containers, clean changing rooms and showers
- The candidates should be able to address customers’ complaints or concerns
- The candidates will get dental plan, health care plan, vision care benefits
- The candidates will get registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), group insurance benefits, and as per collective agreement
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!