The Prince George Hotel based in Halifax, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Room Service Waiter/Waitress. The Prince George Hotel is a world-class Four Diamond service Halifax Hotel in the heart of downtown of the luxury destination. Our hotel being located only 700 feet from the Scotiabank Center is known to be located at a prime location. We are known to offer luxurious guests rooms with various hospitality services at affordable prices. We provide various hospitality services such as Free Wi-Fi, Saltwater Pool, Fitness Center, meeting & event space space, On-Site Dining & Drinks and Event & Meeting Space. We give hotel booking facilities with no reservation costs, great availability and special offers. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: The Prince George Hotel
Position: Room Service Waiter/Waitress
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.85 per hour for 32 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Halifax, NS
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, 16:00 to 22:00
Work Setting: Restaurant, Hotel, Motel, Resort
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates need an experience of 7 months to 1 year
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- The candidate should be a combination of bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have an excellent oral communication skills
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate must be of legal age to mix and serve alcoholic beverages
- The candidate should be able to address customers’ complaints or concerns
- The candidate should be able to describe menu items including daily specials for customers
- The candidate should be able to advise on menu selections
- The candidate should be able to clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- The candidate should be able to serve food and beverages
- The candidate should be able to take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff
- The employees get health benefits such as Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan and Paramedical services coverage
- The employees get long-term benefits such as Life insurance and Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- The employees get other benefits such as Learning/training paid by employer and Parking available
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!