BC Tree Fruits Cider based in Kelowna, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Seasonal Cherry Line Workers (Kelowna). With the summer and cherry season just around the corner, we are seeking full-time motivated, energetic, and dedicated individuals at our downtown Kelowna plant. The candidates should be interested in working as Seasonal Production Line Workers. Agriculture is the foundation of the development of the Okanagan Valley and at BC Tree Fruits. We work with continuing the legacy as the Valley grows and evolves. Our company is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley. We have employed over 500 people to operate at multiple facilities. Our over 300 grower families work together in the company as part of a larger community. Each grower these growers nurture the orchards to create the best possible fruit. The employment refers to a seasonal position with the potential to lead to full-time employment year-round. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will have to work approximately from the middle of June and run until approximately the middle-end of August. The candidate will have a great first job, as a way to gain great experience and get their foot in the door with a local company. The job can also be suitable for a candidate who is simply looking for a steady workout during the summer. The candidate has to work day, afternoon and overtime shifts. In all, the individuals who give importance to fresh, local, and community-driven should consider a career at BC Tree Fruits.
Employer Name: BC Tree Fruits Cider
Position: Seasonal Cherry Line Workers (Kelowna)
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $18.71 per hour on the day shift and $19.71 per hour on the afternoon shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Kelowna, BC
Shifts: Day, Afternoon, Overtime
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset.
- The candidate should be able to work in a physically demanding environment including the repeated lifting of up to 15 pounds
- The candidate should have a good work record and above average attendance
- The candidate should be comfortable working with and around machinery
- The candidate must be able to work all shifts as required (including weekends)
- The candidate should be able to work great in a team-focused environment with a positive attitude and energy
- The candidate should be able to communicate effectively with all employees and supervisors
- The candidate must be 16+ years of age
- The candidate should be able to obtain steel-toed boots
- The candidate should be able to sort cherries to meet Government and/or Industry Grade Standards
- The candidate should be able fill bags, trays, boxes or totes as well as consumer packages and bulk filling
- The candidate should be able to operate in a safe and efficient manner by following proper safe work procedures
- The candidate should be able to adhere to food safe and safe work procedures at all times
- The candidate should be able to perform work at each station of the tray line area(s)
- The candidate should be able to operate machinery and controls at the various work stations as trained
- The candidate should be able to perform additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Safety Staff
- The employees get to work in natural environment
- The employees get various financial and compensatory benefits
- The employees get to work in a family owned company
- The employees get career development opportunities with learning various new and advanced techniques.
Since 1936, BC Tree Fruits has been known to bring the communities of the Okanagan Valley together with its delicious and something we will continue to do for decades to come. Throughout 85 years in the business, a lot has changed in people but people’s love for fresh local Okanagan Fruit is not one of them. As the company learnt this past year, certain things are essential, and others are not. The business at BC Tree Fruits is essential and it needs devoted and passionate employees and customers.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!