Canadian Pacific based in Calgary, Alberta is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Specialist, Business Intelligence Developer. Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. We work with directly linking to major ports on the west and east coasts. We are well-known to provide North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. We are growing with our customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. To learn business at Canadian Pacific, becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidate has to work in On Call shifts. All the application information is going to be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents.
Employer Name: Canadian Pacific
Position: Specialist, Business Intelligence Developer
Department: Information Services
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $115,000- $119,000 yearly
Employment Type: Full Type
Position Type: Non Union
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Job Availability To: Internal and External
Shifts: On Call
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as university degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent Business Intelligence technical experience
Experience: Candidates need experience in various fields the details to same are explained below
To be determined
- The candidate should have 10-12 years of IT experience
- The candidate should have 5-6 years of experience in SAP BW 7.5 and BW4HANA
- The candidate should have 5-6 years experience in HANA Modelling
- The candidate should have 2-3 years experience in SAP Analytics cloud
- The candidate should have well versed with HANA Studio, Scripting and Modelling
- The candidate should be proficient in HANA SQL Script, database design
- The candidate should have experience with HANA Lifecycle Management
- The candidate should have strong hands-on experience in HANA modelling (Star Joins, Calculation Views, functions,Procedures.) Graphical and Scripted views.
- The candidate should have experienced with SAP HANA security Models
- The candidate should have expert knowledge on SAP HANA performance optimization
- The candidate should have an excellent understanding of the in-memory columnar database functionality
- The candidate should have strong expertise in database performance tuning as well as optimizing SQL queries
- The candidate should have an experience with the architecture, design, development, testing and deployment artifacts in HANA
- The candidate having an experience with multiple relational, dimensional databases is desired
- The candidate should be able to perform ETL processes using SAP SDI/SDI/Data services replication
- The candidate should have deep understanding of SAP ECC and SAP TM applications
- The candidate should have an experience in SAP Business Warehouse (BW) versions 7.x and higher
- The candidate should have 5-6 years of experience with ABAP
- The candidate should have an experience in creating SAP HANA information models such as procedure and Hana Views
- The candidate should have the ability to gather, review business requirements. The candidate should be able to interpret these into an architectural design and information model in SAP HANA environment
- The candidate having minimum of 5 years’ experience with BI reporting using Lumira, Design Studio, Webi, Business Explorer, Qlikview and SAP Analytics Cloud is an advantage
- The candidate should be experienced in creating technical design documents from the functional specification documents
- The candidate should have the capability to provide high level and detail estimates
- The candidate should have the proven track record in designing and delivering complex reporting solutions for large organizations
- The candidate should be a team player, skilled in working in a highly collaborative manner
- The candidate having the knowledge of the Railway business is preferable
- The candidate should have strong experience in understanding business users’ expectations.
- The candidate should be able to responsible for successful delivery of functional and technical components of Business Intelligence (BI) reporting solutions using SAP, BW, SAPBW4HANA, SAP HANA Platform
- The candidate should be able to handle primary responsibilities including reviewing requirements, creating technical specifications, developing artifacts in BW and HANA
- The candidate should be able to handle other responsibilities include supporting and maintaining SAP BW system, SQL programming (Stored Procedure, functions, views)
- The candidate should be able to handle responsibility for defining and documenting business requirements
- The candidate should be able to develop functional and technical specifications to meet business requirements
- The candidate should be able to perform development to provide solutions addressing specific business needs
- The candidate should be responsible for root cause analysis on production issues
- The candidate should be responsible for the implementation of solutions to resolve production defects
- The candidate should be able to provide project support within the HANA models, BW,Business Objects
- The candidate should be able to assess business requirements and processes and provide recommendations on optimal solutions that will best serve the business needs
- The candidate should be able to provide end user support and training.
- The employees get flexible and competitive benefits package
- The employees get the benefits of competitive company pension plan
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Share Purchase Plan
- The employees get the benefits of Performance Incentive Program
- The employees get the benefit of annual fitness subsidy
- The employees get equal work opportunities
- The employees get to work with equity and inclusion
Incorporated in 1881, the Canadian Pacific was formed with a vision to physically unite Canada and Canadians from coast to coast. Working for years, the company is considered as a well developed company. Even today and in future, the building of the Canadian Pacific Railway will be considered to be one of Canada’s greatest feats of engineering.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume and being suitable for the additional requirements) through below mentioned details.
- The candidate can get their work location changed
- The candidate should be able to fulfill background checks such as Criminal history check and Reference check
- The candidates may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain their current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!