Capitol Steel Corporation based in Winnipeg, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Steel Erector Helper. Capitol Steel Corporation is known to work with fabrication and erection of unique, complex and heavy structural steel projects. Our company is built on the strength of our workforce. We are known to be dedicated to serving the local market with the best in products and service. We provide dependable, timely service and strive to be the premier steel service centre in Western Canada.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidates have to work in Day, Night, Shift and Overtime shifts.
Employer’s Name: Capitol Steel Corporation
Position: Steel Erector Helper
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $14.00 to $27.00 per hour for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 1355 Saskatchewan Ave, Winnipeg, MB, R3E 3K4
Job ID: 22052511
Shifts: Day, Night, Shift, Overtime
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, At heights, Dusty
Transportation/Travel Information: Valid driver’s licence, Public transportation is available
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates need an experience of 7 months to 1 year
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Drills, Bobcats, Torches, Forklift
Construction Specialization: Roads and bridges, Industrial, commercial and institutional
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able work under tight deadlines
- The candidate should be able to work for overtime
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be able to load, unload and transport construction materials
- The candidate should be able to erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades
- The candidate should be able to read and interpret blueprints
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get various career development opportunities
- The employees get health benefits such as vision care benefits
- The employees get long-term benefits such as Group insurance benefits and Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
Capitol Steel Corporation is the company grown from a one man welding operation working off the back of a truck with specialized skills. The company has become proactive and problem solving over the time. The company has also developed specific expertise for large structure projects in civil infrastructure.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume and being prepared for the screening questions) through below mentioned details.
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!