Pathways Abilities Society based in Kelowna, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Summer Position Community Bottle Sorter/Counter. Pathways Abilities Society formerly Kelowna and District Society for Community Living) has been serving adults with developmental disabilities in Kelowna and other areas. We work to ensure that children with developmental disabilities (or ‘different abilities’ as some chose to say) are taken through school via School District #23 with everyone else. We are known as a place to receive further assistance with life skills, employment, volunteerism and meaningful activity. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or temporary employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Pathways Abilities Society
Position: Summer Position Community Bottle Sorter/Counter
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $15.65 for 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Kelowna, BC
Shifts: Friday-Tuesday 8:00am-3:00pm
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language and linguistic knowledge
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience in food programs or services an asset
- The candidate should have the ability to stand for long periods, crouch, bend and kneel, and be capable of moderate to heavy lifting and carrying.
- The candidate should be able to work independently and within a small team environment.
- The candidate should be able to function in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be able to maintain high levels of attendance.
- The candidate should have good communication skills.
- The candidate should be eager, upbeat, and have a positive attitude.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate the spirit of teamwork and collaboration with the flexibility to adapt to various tasks.
- The candidate should be able to use provided training knowledge to sort various bottles
- The candidate with training, should be able to identify potential contaminants in the recycling process.
- The candidate should be able to report issues to Team Lead or Supervisor.
- The candidate should be able to maintain a clean and safe work area.
- The candidate should be able to perform other duties as assigned.
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary
- The employees get to learn various advanced techniques
- The employees get paid leave benefits such as sick leaves and casual leaves
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
Since 1953, Pathways Abilities Society has been serving adults with developmental disabilities. The company started with serving children but with time also started to serve adults. For years, the company has served thousands of children and adults to help them live productive and happy lives.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!