Summer Student General Labour
WestRock based in Ajax, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the positions of Summer Student General Labour. WestRock is known as one of the largest packing companies of Ajax in the Durham region. We are known to provide innovative packaging solutions to the beverage market. We are known to serve names in various brands such as Coca Cola, Pepsi, Labatt and Molson to name a few. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or temporary/contract employment. The candidate has to work in Flexible and Rotating shifts.
Employer Name: WestRock
Position: Summer Student General Labour
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $18.00 per hour
Employment Type: Full time, Summer Jobs
Location: Ajax, ON
Shifts: Flexible, Rotating
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as being enrolled in post-secondary education
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience in manufacturing or factory is an asset
- The candidate should be able to perform daily tasks including pushing, pulling, lifting, moving, stacking cardboard through various machines
- The candidate must be physically able to do repetitive work and able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- The candidate should be able to do manual transfer cartons at press/gluer speed
- The candidate should be able to work in a team, ensure production targets are met and that you and your co-workers are working safely
- The candidates are required to provide vacation relief on our manufacturing floor from May to end of August
- The candidate should be able to monitor cartons for quality defects
- The candidate should be able to assist with cleaning of equipment and changeover
- The candidate should be able to perform housekeeping activities
- The candidate must be 18 years of age
- The candidate should be able to grasp training concepts, follow instructions and develop a basic understanding of press or gluer operation and quality specifications
- The candidate should be able to learn and complete required tasks safely at machine speed
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate team skills as part of a press or gluer crew
- The candidate should be safety conscious – must follow safety rules and procedures at all times
- The candidate must have to work with assisting peak production requirements and vacation administration
- The candidate should be adhere to safety rules and participate in safety meetings
- The employees get equal work opportunities
- The employees get a diverse and inclusive workforce
- The employees get a great management team and experienced peers to help them along the way
- The employees get a corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- The employees get comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- The employees get various health and safety benefits
Working for years, WestRock is known to provide the best packaging services. The company is known to provide quality packaging services using advanced techniques. Today, the company provides different types of packaging services to various top brands.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer on the website or through fax (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!