Summer Student-Surveys and Mapping Field Assistant
City of Ottawa based in Ottawa, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Summer Student-Surveys and Mapping Field Assistant. City of Ottawa is Canada’s capital, in the east of southern Ontario, near the city of Montréal and the U.S. border. Our Ottawa River has at its centre Parliament Hill, with grand Victorian architecture and museums such as the National Gallery of Canada, with noted collections of indigenous and other Canadian art. Our park-lined Rideau Canal is filled with boats in summer and ice-skaters in winter. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: City of Ottawa
Position: Summer Student-Surveys and Mapping Field Assistant
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $15.500 to $16.034 per hour (2023 rates of pay)
Employment Type: Full time
Shifts: To be determined
Requisition ID: 5921
Department: Planning, Real Estate & Eco Dev. Dept.
Affiliation: Non Union/Non MPE
Job Category: Summer Student Recruitment
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English, French or Bilingual Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as a Post-secondary Student – completion of second year college or university in Geomatics (preferred) or a related field
Experience: Candidates need a related experience of 8 months to 1 year
- The candidates should have a valid Ontario unrestricted G class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated
- The candidate should have the knowledge of Trimble GPS equipment, Total Station equipment and 3 degree MTM coordinate systems
- The candidate should be able to provide a driver’s license check
- The candidate should be able to provide corporate legal survey and mapping services in support of the City’s planning, development and infrastructure operations and to enable all City-led construction projects
- The candidate should be able to work as a member of a Survey Field crew, assisting the crew in obtaining data for legal and/or topographical surveys, including operating and maintaining surveying equipment, and assisting in the preparation and storage of records and data obtained from field surveys
- The candidate should be capable of operating a personal computer to assist in data downloading Must be thorough and meticulous and also be courteous and informative character when dealing with City staff and the public
- The candidate must demonstrate initiative and responsibility and also have knowledge in documents observations in a clear, concise manner
- The candidate should be able to ensure that electronic data is stored in a correct manner and also operate City vehicles in a safe manner and performs daily vehicle maintenance checks
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal relationships, have skills such as Tact, initiative, reliability and thoroughness and also have the ability to work with minimal supervision as part of a team
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!