Supervisor, Local Area
Canada Post based in Belleville, ON, CA is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Supervisor, Local Area. The company Canada Post is a crown corporation that functions as Canada’s primary postal operator. Our company is known as a well-known e-commerce powerhouse, delivering billions of items every year. We work with mailing letters, shipping parcels, with making and selling businesses online. Our company has a total assets valued at 11.2 billion Canadian dollars. We are known to help small businesses grow. We work to enrich lives in remote locations. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The job preference will be given to Indigenous people or persons with a disability. We work with a special measure employment equity initiative and candidates from this group who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
Employer Name: Canada Post
Position: Supervisor, Local Area
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $31.75 per hour for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Belleville, ON, CA
Job Requisition Id: 167314
Business Function: Operations Support
Primary City: Belleville
Employment Status: Permanent
Employee Class and Level: OP 01
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as high School diploma or provincial equivalent (GED) (Equivalent experience, may be accepted in lieu of a High School diploma)
Experience: Candidates need a minimum 1 year experience managing a team OR Minimum 2 years’ experience working within a unionized environment and also have the working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., understand the major features of each software application)
- The candidate should possess a valid permanent driver’s license (no graduated or temporary license) and also have a satisfactory safe driving record per CPC’s Driver Safety Program
- The candidate should be able to report to the Local Area Superintendent (LAS), supervises the activities of a team of delivery employees assigned to a facility to ensure that proper procedures are followed in the handling and delivery of mail relay bundles and the administration of funds collected
- The candidate should be able to ensure corporate procedures, safety practices and security regulations are followed, and service commitments met. Maintains good public relations with customers and also assist the LAS with the daily operations of the facility
- The candidate should be able to plan, direct and inspect the daily operation of a work unit to ensure efficient sortation, routing and delivery of mail in accordance with corporate regulations, procedures and instructions and also schedule and allocate staff to ensure sortation of mail and routes covered
- The candidate should be able to determine the need for extra relief staff and authorize overtime when required and also measure distances for delivery to new or existing points of call, according to the Route Measurement System and processes
- The candidate should be able to determine whether new points of call meet delivery service requirements and propose solutions or changes to delivery routes if required and also consult and work with Route Measurement Officers on changes to routes in the delivery center.
- The candidate should be able to audit/update RSMC routes via the corporate system as well as on the job street observations as required but a minimum of two times per year and also regularly check on the performance and appearance of delivery employees while on their routes to ensure adherence to established routes of travel, official dress regulations and proper methods of delivery
- The candidate should be able to train new employees in their various duties and instruct them in new methods and procedures and also supervise, coach and provide guidance and leadership to employees
- The candidate should be able to oversee staffing, the development of objectives, and performance management, including attendance management and also resolve staff issues, including disciplinary action when required
- The candidate should be able to consult with Labour Relations and/or union representatives on the application of the terms of the collective agreement and also discuss various problems and changes in areas such as, safety, overtime, and route evaluations with shop stewards and attempts to resolve complaints before the grievance stage is reached
- The candidate should be able to create learning and knowledge transfer opportunities for assigned staff.
- The candidate should be able to promote and implement workplace safety and health programs for the assigned team and also coach and direct employees on safe work practices in order to reduce accident frequency and severity
- The candidate should be able to conduct accident investigations and report incidents and also address and resolve health and safety issues in a timely and efficient manner
- The candidate should be able to conduct safety inspections and take corrective action to rectify unsafe operating conditions and also manage the e Voucher process, enters volume and addresses data into corporate systems, prepares reports in order to monitor performance, identify improvements, control operational costs and meet targets.
- The candidate should be able to liaise with other supervisors and enablers to ensure effective coordination of operations or to solve operational problems.
- The candidate should be able to report repairs related to the building, operational equipment and assets to the Manager, monitor and follow-up with appropriate third parties and take corrective action as required and also project professional service standards and ensure customer experience is a priority when investigating and resolving service issues and customer complaints.
- The candidate should be able to investigate delivery impediments when the customer fails to maintain the required safety conditions (e.g. broken mailbox, loose dog, construction) and also communicate issues with the customer to resolve or make other arrangements until the unsafe condition can be rectified. If unable to resolve, take action to initiate suspension of delivery.
- The candidate should be able to perform other related duties.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!