Vital Society based in Duncan, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Support worker – social services. Vital Society provides services to those living in our community with mental and physical disabilities, or any other complex barriers. We offer our individuals a chance to integrate and immerse themselves in our local community, while teaching them skills to help them grow in their everyday lives. We work closely with outside behavioral consultants, social workers, and specialists, to provide any level support needed by our individuals. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Vital Society
Position: Support worker – social services
No of Vacancies: 10
Salary: $21.63 hourly 8 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Duncan, BC
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
Transportation information: The candidates should have own valid driver’s licence
Work setting: Group home, Various locations, Community centre
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
- The candidates should be client focus, accurate, flexible, organized, reliable, judgmental, and initiative
- The candidates should have excellent oral communication, excellent written communication, efficient interpersonal skills, and be able to work as a team player
- The candidates should be able to develop, co-ordinate and implement the delivery of specific services within the community
- The candidates should be able to housekeeping activities, food preparation
- The candidates should be able to supervise activities of clients living in group homes and half-way houses
- The candidates should be able to assist clients/guests with special needs
- The candidates should be able to accompany clients to appointments and social outings
- The candidates will get benefits as per collective agreement, and also learning/training will be paid by the employer
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!