The Progressive Group of Companies based in Niverville, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Swine Herdsperson. The company prides itself in offering business management services and livestock production expertise to select businesses and providing the tools a business owner needs to enhance his/her profitability. The service platform offers access to Human Resource specialists, payroll, pension and benefit administration, biological expertise including veterinary services, performance benchmarking with data management, and industry and business management consultations management team working in the Progressive Group has over 45 years of operational and management experience in livestock production.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The job is a government-sponsored job for Ukraine. The shift timings are day, weekend and overtime.
Employer Name: The Progressive Group of Companies
Position: Swine Herdsperson
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $31,200 to $37,000 annually for 80 hours bi-weekly
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Niverville, MB
Shifts: Day, Weekend and Overtime
Work Site Environment: Noisy, Odours, Dusty,
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation
Work Location Information: Rural area
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: 1 to 2 years
Area of Specialization: Swine, Pork
Type of Farm Operations: Livestock, Hog and pig farming, Hog management
Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer wants to support Ukrainian nationals in Canada with a job.
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to perform general farm duties
- The candidate should be able to maintain work records and logs
- The candidate should be able to monitor animal health
- The candidate should have agricultural service contractors’ specific skills such as providing agricultural livestock services such as artificial insemination, spraying or shearing of livestock or disinfecting pens, barns or poultry houses
- The candidate should have farm supervisors’ specific skills such as maintaining quality control and production records
- The candidate should have farm supervisor specific skills such as supervising and overseeing breeding and other livestock-related programs
- The candidate should have farm supervisors’ specific skills such as ensuring farm safety and biosecurity procedures are followed
- The candidate should have specialized livestock worker’s specific skills to maintain livestock performance records
- The candidate should have specialized livestock worker’s specific skills in handling animals
- The candidate should have specialized livestock worker’s specific skills for weaning
- The employees get health benefits such as Health care plans, Disability benefits, Dental plans, Vision care benefits and Paramedical services coverage
- The employees get long-term benefits such as Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Pension plan and Long-term care insurance
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive pay and bonus
- The employees get other benefits such as Free parking available, Parking available and Wellness program
Since its establishment, the Progressive Group has worked hard to achieve a proven track record in establishing, growing, and managing large scale swine production models for its clients. By combining the areas of General Management, business development and feed manufacturing/supply the company have developed the largest and most successful production model of its kind in Canada.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can apply now by sending an email or fax (along with a resume and cover letter) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!