Underwriter – insurance
Stratford Underwriting Agency based in Vancouver, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Underwriter – insurance. Stratford Underwriting Agency is a Vancouver-based managing general underwriting agency that offers competitive optional auto insurance policies in the province, helping the vast majority of British Columbians save money since 2019. We are on a mission to bring more choice, more savings and a better overall insurance experience to British Columbians. We are also dedicated to bringing innovation to the auto insurance sector through the use of safe driving technologies that provide lower-cost insurance to new drivers who might not otherwise qualify. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Stratford Underwriting Agency
Position: Underwriter – insurance
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $40.50 per hour for 30 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Vancouver, BC
Work setting: Urban area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates need experience of 2 years to less than 3 years
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Candidates must have Membership in the Insurance Institute of Canada – provincial chapter
Computer and technology knowledge: Candidates must have knowledge of MS Word, Spreadsheet, Database software, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Windows
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure, in fast-paced environment and also pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client and also take initiative
- The candidate should be someone who can judge, dependable and also a team player
- The candidate should have accuracy, efficient interpersonal skills and also an excellent oral and written communication
- The candidate should have experience of insurance like Automobile insurance
- The candidate should be able to review individual and group applications for insurance, evaluate new and renewal applications to determine insurance risks, insurance premiums, extent of coverage and other conditions, approve sale of insurance policies and also provide recommendations on individual or group insurance plan designs
- The candidate should be able to ensure compliance with government regulations, provide underwriting advice, answer inquiries from clients and other company personnel and also prepare underwriting reports
- The employees get dental plan, health care plan and vision care benefits
- The employees get bonus
- The employees get Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- The employees get on-site recreation and activities, paid time off (volunteering or personal days), team building opportunities and wellness program
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Job reference number, Cover letter, References attesting experience, and Proof of the requested certifications) through below mentioned details.
Include this reference number in your application
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!