Indwell, based in Dundas, St is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Canada Summer Jobs- Food Security Worker (London- Woodfield Gate). Indwell is a Christian not-for-profit charity that creates affordable housing communities and supportive programs to people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. We work to provide hope and homes for all. We are known to be motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. We have been engaged with diverse communities. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or temporary/contract employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Indwell
Position: Canada Summer Jobs- Food Security Worker (London- Woodfield Gate)
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $15.00 hourly 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 356 Dundas St, London, ON N6B 1V7, Canada
Shifts: Evening and Weekend hours
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language and linguistic knowledge
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as a High School diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience in food programs or services an asset
To be determined
- The candidate must be 18-30 years old
- The candidate should be able to work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to promote housing stability for marginalized individuals, and supporting health, wellness and community belonging.
- With being working as a healthcare provider, the candidate must have evidence of Full-Covid 19 vaccination.
- The candidate should have a valid Food Handlers certificate
- The candidate should be a successful candidate who should demonstrate a warm, sensitive and caring approach, the ability to work independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative
- The candidate must have have strong problem-solving skills, be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and have a genuine interest in supporting people living with mental illness
- The candidate should be able to plan input and facilitate food programs.
- The candidate should be able to perform menu planning, preparation, and packaging for 35-40 individuals daily, with some special occasions involving an additional 30 meals per day.
- The candidate should be able to maintain a safe and healthy environment, including light cleaning of common areas and kitchen.
- The candidate should be able to support the integrated pest management program.
- The candidate should be able to follow applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- The candidate should be able to perform food gardening
- The candidate should be able to work in collaboration with Food Program Facilitator
- The employees get equal and diverse work opportunities
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary and compensatory benefits
- The employees get accomodation facility provided by the employer
- The employees get to in a family environment
- The employees get accommodation facilities provided by the employer
Founded in 1974, Indwell continue to grow and thrive to build high quality energy efficient housing and inclusive living, uplifting our society. For years, we are known to provide the best housing services with best quality and expert employees.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!